• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Maine Wooden Boat Show

DAP

Just thought I post some wooden eyecandy for yoozins ... :thumb:

The pics are pretty self explanatory ...

Boats are so kewl but so cash strapping!

That nice boat with the surrey is a gorgeous picnic boat .. the fittings and wood work is unsurpassed .. the pictures cannot capture the quality well at all

(Bottom 2 pics) Those nasty lookin twin screws are surface props ... that is a new boat based on an old design and it hauls a$$ ...

(TOP) That engine is a Yanmar Marine .. 480 hp to the shaft and 1141 pounds the sticker says ...

:smileywac

Attachments

• P0004395.jpg
    P0004395.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 93
  • P0004402.jpg
    P0004402.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 93
  • P0004401.jpg
    P0004401.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 94
  • P0004403.jpg
    P0004403.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 98
  • P0004406.jpg
    P0004406.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 94
  • P0004405.jpg
    P0004405.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 95

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not one for power boats, but I can appreciate any finely crafted wooden vessel. Make sure you posts pictures of the other fine vessels up in your neck of the woods, especially like below...

Attachments

• Bagheera - 1924 Alden Schooner.JPG
    Bagheera - 1924 Alden Schooner.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 98

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW! Beautiful boats. I love the old wood look when it shines like that. Hard to maintain, but worth all the effort never the less. :thumb:

DAP

This boat was built by my neighbors father and mother and sails out of Boothbay Harbor for public conveyance (for hire). My neighbor captains it on Sundays ...

Attachments

• Eastwind.jpg
    Eastwind.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 100

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those are beautiful boats. Chicago has (or at least had) a wooden boat festival and I went to it a couple times. One year the GREENPEACE schooner was here. For a couple dollars people were allowed to board several of the boats and I went through the GREENPEACE boat. What a flea trap!!! Honestly if you can think of all the maggot infested stereotypes that applied to 1960's hippies, they would have applied to life aboard that ship. Seriously, when I got off that boat I just wanted to head for the nearest shower and scrub down. It was dirty, smelled, and had all the various peace signs, rainbows, and other 1960's paraphanalia you could think of on that boat.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
This boat was built by my neighbors father and mother and sails out of Boothbay Harbor for public conveyance (for hire). My neighbor captains it on Sundays ...

Beauty. Anyone who can built a ship like that commands the world, imo.

DAP

Beauty. Anyone who can built a ship like that commands the world, imo.

If you want more info on that schooner she hails out of Boothbay under the name "Eastwind" ...

She takes 28 passengers and runs 3 4 hour trips a day ..