• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new tiller from costco

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Nice looking machine. Just remember, that it is a tiller, not a rock hammer. If you encounter large rocks, you are better off to dig them out, than to just beat the machine against them. I see tillers at the small engine repair shop all the time that people have damaged because they would try to beat a rock into submission than to manually dig it out. They have one there this week that is about a year old 8 HP Troybuilt that needs a new gear case because it is cracked from abuse. An expensive repair that isn't covered by warranty.

freebird

Oh absolutely! I used it on our existing garden. Last year after I plowed it over with my lo-boy I had 15 yards of topsoil delivered. In short, no rocks and very good advice by the way.