• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Scuba diving

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Great video! I love the diving in Cozumel. We went to Puerto Morelos in December and that was pretty awesome as well. We even got to crash a lobster party:

Attachments

• IMG_1716s.jpg
    IMG_1716s.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 260

cpsseals

Thanks, Was great to see some gigantic loggerhead turtles bump into each other. Will be going back in November to film the Bull sharks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool stuff! I don't dive like the 2 of you do but would sure like to. Best for me was snorkeling in Hawaii.

cpsseals

If you can snorkel you could and should dive. With training its easier than snorkeling or breath hold diving.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you can snorkel you could and should dive. With training its easier than snorkeling or breath hold diving.
Another expensive hobby I probably shouldn't get into... Heck, snorkeling already cost me a bundle. I tried taking some pictures in Hawaii but who knew that cell phone cameras don't work below about 10 meters. :whistling:

Most of my time in the water is with my kids. Swimming with the dolphins, jet-ski's and water parks (the one at Atlantis in the Bahamas is pretty nice). I next want to teach them to ski.

cpsseals

I've flooded some expensive cameras in the past. Now I just use a cheap canon in an expensive housing and even more expensive lenses and strobes. I figure the worst that can happen is I buy another camera on eBay for $40.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I've flooded some expensive cameras in the past. Now I just use a cheap canon in an expensive housing and even more expensive lenses and strobes. I figure the worst that can happen is I buy another camera on eBay for $40.

Details, please! Pics of the rig would be even better.:smile: I use a Canon S90 in a Canon housing with an Ultramax strobe. No lenses, though.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 254

cpsseals

Very similar. I use a sd750 in a canon housing with double strobes and a wet mount Inon fish eye lense. Lense makes all the difference in the world.
And so far I've tested it successfully to 177 feet.

cpsseals

I put two minutes together and had the time to take some pictures of my underwater setup. The wet, external mount lens makes all the difference in the world.

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpg
    IMG_3785.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_3786.jpg
    IMG_3786.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 246

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
How do you like those Remora strobes? Do they fire reliably without a fiber optic cable?

My case is much smaller, not having a fisheye lense and all ....

Attachments

• IMG_1962.JPG
    IMG_1962.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 238

cpsseals

Never a problem, if I remember to turn them on. The fire every time without the cable. I lke how compact your system packs. Nice.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice setup guy's. I've been certified (YMCA) since November of 1994. I have no clue as to where my early dive logs are but I'm going to guess my dive buddy and I logged 20+ dives each year for the first 3-4 years. Tapered off after that. Dove Cayman Islands, Cozzmel and every wreck within 25 miles of Pensacola. All dives were within 100' depth except the wall dive in Cayman where I found myself dropping rapidly due to getting distracted, easy to do... Was Nitrox certified also but never used it for anything other than an extra safety measure.

Great sport, glad to see you having so much fun. It's been at least 7 years since I last dove. Would have to get my tanks inspected and probably would just buy all new equipment as all of my stuff was nearing the end of it's life expectancy when I last put it away.

Thanks for the pic's!

cpsseals

Welcome back underwater squerly. Your tanks would definitely need to be hydro-Ed but your regs should get you by with a good servicing by an authorized dealer. My regs are about 15 years old and I can't bring myself around to replacing things that are still very serviceable. And I've probably put 2000ish dives on them.
Back to the tanks, I've never owned one as it was always the same price to rent a full tank as it was to have my own filled, then factor in the testing etc and the advantage disappears completely. Also I fly to all my favourite dive locations and you can't take tanks on the plane.