• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bought another boat

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Took this past week off, and aside from a few "dates", we reupholstered the flybridge cushions.

Attachments

• 2012-11-25_17-25-17_908.jpg
    2012-11-25_17-25-17_908.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 167

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Installed the upholstery on the flybridge today.

Attachments

• 2012-12-27_14-33-18_143 (Medium).jpg
    2012-12-27_14-33-18_143 (Medium).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 2012-12-27_14-33-06_709 (Medium).jpg
    2012-12-27_14-33-06_709 (Medium).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 2012-12-27_14-32-19_583 (Medium).jpg
    2012-12-27_14-32-19_583 (Medium).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 148

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The new upholstery looks great and that fly bridge has some size to it. Very nice. :thumb:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Wood hull? I can't imagine the upkeep
PS-hire some 18 year olds, in bikinis, you'll get more customers

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
So the boat was floated finally on Friday.
Everything is fine.
You can follow the progress on my photobucket album "36 Mariner"
Some pix:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats. I wondered if you'd get it in the water this season, glad to see you did. She looks GREAT. Looks like new throughout. We had great holiday weekend boating weather. Hope you did to.

So did Plain Vanilla get a rest this summer while you worked on this latest project?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
PV hasn't been out this year. Focused on this one since last July.
Next year will be an awesome boating year!

We still need a real bad winter and a horribly rainy spring though. This boat draws 42" and the water way leading to our slips is only 36" at best deep. The area in front of our condos and all of our slips is more than 96" deep, but we can't get to them unless you have a smaller boat or a shallow draft boat.

So we had to rent a slip at the marina next door. Really sucks because I have 3 40' slips in front of my condo, empty!

This weekend did a few things to it, like installed the snaps for the carpet runners and general cleaning, plus played with the new-to-me Furuno chartplotter/fishfinder and the radar.

And rested. First weekend in probably 60 weekends where we didn't work all weekend on the boat. We have over 1000 hours combined of our time in it between me and wifey.

If the weather is good next weekend, it goes out for the shakedown cruise.

Oh, and put some gas in the boat - $1200 worth. Kinda like a weekend bill for PV!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, and put some gas in the boat - $1200 worth. Kinda like a weekend bill for PV!

So Fred how many hours of running two 350hp big blocks do you get on a tank of fuel? And what average speed would you say you would go over all? Yea I am trying to estimate milage, but I don't know why...

Absolutely beautiful job on a boat that need an owner like you desperately. Very cool...:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I have no idea yet. I am guessing somewhere around 0.8 mpg at cruise.
30 gallons and hour, something like that.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no idea yet. I am guessing somewhere around 0.8 mpg at cruise.
30 gallons and hour, something like that.

That really is't all that bad, considering the mass you aare moving. Fully laden with passengers and luggage, food and fuel, what might it weigh in at?

With two couples aboard, how long before you would want to go ashore? (assuming everybody got along together!:biggrin:)

Looks like fun times indeed!!

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Dry it weighs sixteen thousand. So, with fuel and stuff, probably twenty two thousand pounds.

If the other couple were women, i might start put at sea got a long time!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy crap Fred! It looks super and ready to do weekends fishing or just sporting around. That galley is fabulous. Catch them, fry them and enjoy!:clap: