• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Diesel pickup wanted

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I let someone talk me out of my 2001 Dodge ram diesel I brought up from Florida 4 years ago.

I bought a new Ford F150 gas & I can't stand it.........I miss my diesel !

Since selling the new F150 isn't an option right now, so I'm looking for another clean older diesel without any rust issues. Preferably a southern vehicle from somewhere that doesn't use road salt as I'm tired of working on Ohio trucks that have rusty frames & brake lines etc from salt corrosion.

Prefer a 4x4 Dodge/Cummins, but the door may be open to other makes.

Looking for the one that only pulled a camper, or had otherwise non commercial use.

Any model year from '95 to '06 or so as long as it's clean........... year really doesn't matter as this will get fairly limited use pulling a tag trailer.

I could have purchased about what I'm looking for from another member here, but the timing & logistics didn't work out & by the time I did free up some $$ that one was sold.

I just made a 16 hour round trip to Tennessee to pick up a '07 dually I had a deposit on, but when I got to really looking it over it had some issues that weren't disclosed (about $2500 worth of issues !) & I ended up coming back without a truck.

So the search continues........

If you have or know of one, drop me a pm.

Thanks

Tom

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good find Bamby. That looks like NEW!!!!! :thumb:
Good luck Tom!!!! I hate running one down and they didn't tell you all about the 'issues'. Do they think you are blind or stew-pid? :angry:

Dr. Zaugg

I have an O1 Dodge That is in reasonable condition. I just rebuilt the 6-speed manual and the transfer case. It has 330,000 miles but I have kept it up. It has no rust but the dark green paint has lots of scratches etc.
Paul

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I have an O1 Dodge That is in reasonable condition. I just rebuilt the 6-speed manual and the transfer case. It has 330,000 miles but I have kept it up. It has no rust but the dark green paint has lots of scratches etc.
Paul

Thanks for the offer Paul but I'm looking for less miles. My 2007 dodge has 188,000 & I'm looking for a truck with 100k or so.

I just missed out on a '97 dodge 3500 dually near my brothers place in Florida that was mint & had 73,000 actual miles. It sold for $12,000 & he wouldn't call on it for me because it was 9:30 at night. Someone else did & it sold before he called the next morning at 8 am.

Dr. Zaugg

I would be sad to miss out on that one too! My 97 has over 350,000. I still like it best.
It has taken me to nearly every state (heavily loaded)and NEVER made me walk.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've got just the machine for you but guess what??? I'm keeping it for the same reasons that you are looking for one like it. I don't think that I'll ever be without it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, hate to miss out on a good deal for being polite. :pat:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
good deal or not I have an 89 ctd and I'm in no rush to part with it.

My first Dodge/Cummins was a '95 12 valve.

It smoked like a coal locomotive when you got on it, got nearly 22 mpg empty & about 17.5 towing my tag trailer (3.54 gears).

Best of all you could pretty much service it with vice grips, channelocks & a screwdriver.

Traded it in with 60k on the clock for a new '02. Now in the '07 I need a laptop with starlink to adjust the damn idle.

I'm just looking for a clean older one again to pull my boat & take some road trips in, my '07 still looks good, but I know what it's hauled & where it's been.

I don't want to be 30 km up an old logging road in Ontario & have it chime at me as the computer is dieing.

I just need to be patient & one will come along.

Bamby

Probably isn't what you're looking for, but still it's both a find and a real fine truck.

00m0m_lDoBnPkfCRb_600x450.jpg

2002 Ford F550 7.3 4x4 dump, only 14k miles! Cali truck! NO RUST!