• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello Forum! New guy here.

LakeTucker

Well, this hobby really should have come with a Warning Label. I have had many vehicular passions, never thought I would join this awesome club. However here I am finding myself drinking the Orange Koolaid. I have been cruising the forums, learning quite a bit, and enjoying many of your stories and photos. I love the history, and glad I found you. I see there is a friendly East Coast/West Coast rivalry. I have read about a legendary Orange Vehicle that sneaks across state lines to scoop up rare Tuckers... I am looking forward to taking part in these discussions and events! Thanks for having me!

Attachments

• Tuckerjuice.jpg
    Tuckerjuice.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 418

PJL

Let me be the first to welcome you aboard.

There is indeed a west coast based orange Tucker Taker lurking about.

What machine do you have/desire?

BTW west coast still waiting on snow.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Let me be the first to welcome you aboard.

There is indeed a west coast based orange Tucker Taker lurking about.

What machine do you have/desire?

BTW west coast still waiting on snow.

yes, welcome to the new guy, and I know for fact he has already consumed far to much orange koolaid, pretty sure he is buying it in 55 gallon barrels.

and the East coast is also waiting for snow, best weather issue free trip to the east coast

the orange tucker hunter has been retired and using many different tow rigs to hide our operations

rockhead

Friendly east/west ?
How does a westerner wink at an easterner ?
/mocks aiming a rifle and panning quickly :boxing:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the crazy(all them other folks) not me. Which coast?
Don't believe what you read here and half of the photos.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum. Stick around. There's a lot to be learned from knowledgeable people and you'll have a lot of fun interacting with them.

olympicorange

….. welcome, you found the right forum, lots of great folks here,... Love your username,.... we have that in common …..:thumbup::thumbup:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome:
There is a great amount of information and Bull$h1t here. Sometimes in the same sentence.

We will try to keep your warm feeling going. Mostly through roasting you and flaming your comments.

But mostly, welcome to the insanity.
The creed of the snowcat community: No learning curve too steep, no pockets too deep.

Cidertom

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome aboard, glad to see you found us too. I started out buying a cat first and then finding this group of fine individuals. Pretty fine group of folks here you'll learn plenty, probably more than you need at times but don't worry you will survive!!! Lake Cat? kinda scary my cat has a roof hatch from a fishing lodge so you could get out if you went the ice. Kinda like a "lake kitten" Again glad to have you.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel I am a relative nooby myself. the hay day of this group is prior to my time. in 2007 the need for thick skin was much higher than it is today. the caffine free sugar needed beverage is the current fad. if will fade. the snow trac had its run. hell the kristi was once cool here.
Enjoy the pursuit of all things over-the-snow ( some use an H when they spell that phrase) happy-ness
and remember:
everything you need for the orange ones can be bought at napa.
snow tracs can't climb,
kristis didn't really come with engines ( don't run)
Frandees are rare until you buy one.
thiokols will make you deaf and CO poison you.
Pisten bullys are expensive.
Oh and the most important lesson
snow cats without motors are worth the most, unless is has air conditioning.... that trumps orange and swedish built snow cats.

whew.

Welcome love your enthusiasm. bring it to sunvalley Colorado or Upper MI in Feb or March.....

LakeTucker

Great seeing the humor and enthusiasm in here. Still trying to catch up and going through old threads and photos. Love the history.

LakeTucker

Need help identifying... I have a lot of Deer, and small critters come thru, but this Track just showed up.... Any ideas?

Attachments

• track.jpg
    track.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 212

PJL

That is interesting. Are there 2 tracks or 4? If it's 4 there is a good chance of finding a trail of oil drops, broken track parts and empty beverage containers along the way.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
more than likely one of those snowmobiles that are lost or casing out your place.

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure but it looks like some stealthy monster is walking one foot right in the track of the other that way you never ever know whether it's one or a whole pack sneaking around.

Kristi Kt-4

Need help identifying... I have a lot of Deer, and small critters come thru, but this Track just showed up.... Any ideas?

It looks like the Princess has found you... 2020 track modification was completed!

Attachments

• lehaitre_tracked_motorcycle1.jpg
    lehaitre_tracked_motorcycle1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 181

LakeTucker

I mean really this hobby needs a BIGGER warning label... Now I find myself driving around the state in search of other Tuckers. This is the same model as mine, Anyone know if I can get the Tucker Sno Cat emblems as pictured here, my Tucker is missing these. Found this one in Ossipee NH, also known as the Birthplace of the Snowmobile, fun fact. The original Model T snowmobile kits were designed in this small NH town. This tucker is used to make and maintain a vintage snowmobile race course during the winter season. Fun ride to see it on a rainy day. Next on the list another Mid engine I have discovered in Northern NH. Anyone know production numbers on these 1642ME machines?

Attachments

• HJ1.jpg
    HJ1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 138
  • HJ.jpg
    HJ.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 139
  • HJ2.jpg
    HJ2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 128