• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wife needs a website ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok you internet guru's ... Yes you . I see you there reading this .

The little woman started designing and making jewelry as a hobbie . She was hoping to sell a little to break even . Now it is starting to take off and doing well. She is thinking of starting her own web site instead of putting it up for consignment in the local stores as she has been doing in the past . Do we have any FF members that set up websites for this kind of stuff ???

Here a few pictures of her latest work . Her Father travels all over the world and is always bringing her some really neat rare beads and stuff from from Indians tribes overseas, the Orient, Island people and South American areas . She hand wraps all with sterling silver wire.
Thanks

Attachments

• earrings.jpg
    earrings.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 183
  • tribal necklaces 001.jpg
    tribal necklaces 001.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 181
  • tribal necklaces 002.jpg
    tribal necklaces 002.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 172

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Why not try e-bay? You would get better chances of more people seeing it through e-bay. Doing it on your own is a pain since it is hard to get the search engines to find you.

E-Bay is fine if you are careful. If you smell a rat it probably is one.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
PBinWA said:
Why not try e-bay? You would get better chances of more people seeing it through e-bay. Doing it on your own is a pain since it is hard to get the search engines to find you.

E-Bay is fine if you are careful. If you smell a rat it probably is one.

Al,

You could try Geocities. There you can get a limited free web page if your up to doing the design work?? It comes with some tools and if you want to upgrade to larger site then there is a fee. Otherwise click on the right of the link and you can kind of check it out. But I am going to agree with PB, your search engines won't find you at geocities too easy.

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al,
I do that. www.dothq.com
What you need:

web site name: cost $9.95 per year
web site hosting cost $59.40 per year ($4.95 per month)
Web site design Cost varies: I do a basic one for $150 ...the fancier you get the more it costs.

Ebay is a good suggestion but having a web site to link to for more info gives your business more credibility.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Doc said:
Al,
I do that.
What you need:

web site name: cost $9.95 per year
web site hosting cost $59.40 per year ($4.95 per month)
Web site design Cost varies: I do a basic one for $150 ...the fancier you get the more it costs.

Ebay is a good suggestion but having a web site to link to for more info gives your business more credibility.

A prime example of shameless advertising..... and I thought that this site was advertising free......:yum: :yum: :yankchain: :yankchain: :blahblah: :weneedpic

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
What Doc said.

I have one site for a family website, where I try to read any mail it generates, then a second site for stuff I want to stand on its own without an obvious link to me. (So that I know any contact is spam.) This second one is at 1and1.com. List of hosting packages. Also see the 'domains' tab at the top of that page.

I use this 1and1 space mostly for ebay auctions. Also my Yanmar tractor pix live there.

I suggest let Doc arrange some web space like this for you.

And pay Doc to design the contents so it doesn't look as amateurish as my tractor page.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well she has a ebay account . Thanks for all the good information . I turned it all over to her so she can decide from here .
Thanks again

working woman

Site Supporter
Al, tell your wife she does really nice work. If I were a jewlry person I would defintely buy some pieces from her.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
working woman said:
Al, tell your wife she does really nice work. If I were a jewlry person I would defintely buy some pieces from her.

Thank you WW. That is very kind of you .

When my wife starts a new hobby ,there is no "going part way " with her . She goes for classes ,researches and really gets involved. I had no idea there were that many kinds of beads in the world .

I could never do it .

It takes her a lot of time and she is a perfectionist . I figure she has about 10 Million dollars invested in silver,gold and beads !!!

She also has some really neat little mini tools for doing this wire bending stuff with but I am not allowed to touch or play with them anymore .:( She caught me using her little pliers to pick my nose and that kinda ended my fun :mad: .:eek:

working woman

Site Supporter
When my wife starts a new hobby ,there is no "going part way " with her . She goes for classes ,researches and really gets involved. I had no idea there were that many kinds of beads in the world .

Looks like everything she has done paid off. I can defintley see where it would require lots of patience!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Be sure to let us all know what the sites name is and when it is up. I think my wife will be 'interested' for sure.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
working woman said:
all these great ideas, we expect a check in the mail when her selling becomes a big success!

:a1: I will let her know ....

P

Pigtails

Nice work Mrs Al.. When we had our business our daughter made precious stone necklaces, like crystals and such. I have a friend that likes to make elk teeth necklaces. She tried confiscating mine last week.. Caught her.. haha just kidding. The selling is all in how you market the item.. Good luck..