• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Thats ok Senor Allen .... You can owe me the rest "

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Panamaians are fast thinkers . You cannot "out think" them in one area especially . "Asking for money"

One day while waiting for my property to close escrow , I decided to try and walk all the way around the Island .
Unfortunately it turned out to be a impossible task and I gave up about 3 hours later and headed back toward civilization . I was hacking my way back through the jungle when I suddenly came face to face with Juan, one of the family members I was buying the property from !He told me he was looking for me to ask a favor .I could not believe how he had found me ????Nobody knew where I was at !
Anyway he explained that he needed to borrow a $100 dollars to renew his boat license and pay for his boat taxi permit .
Without thinking I pulled out my wallet , showing him and explaining that I only had $38 on me . In the blink of an eye , Juan reached across ,grabbed the $38 dollars and told me "I could own him the rest" ! He was gone before I could even reply !

I stood there with a dumb ass look on my face knowing I had just been had !

It was 2 years later ,but I finally got my $38 dollars back from Juan in the same way he got it from me .
Yes I am learning !

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Still no word on the dollar for a beer story!

By the way, how did you get the 38 bucks back. I would figure he would be too sharp to open his wallet for you.

You got to finish these stories! ;)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I got my $38 bucks back by using his Boat Taxi service to transport material to ny island . I knew he charged $20 for a full load of material in his boat ,to go to my Island .
When we had the Roofing metal bought in it required about 5 trips to bring it all . I used his Taxi services .He was paid for 3 and I told him we were even on the loan . :biggrin:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I got my $38 bucks back by using his Boat Taxi service to transport material to ny island . I knew he charged $20 for a full load of material in his boat ,to go to my Island .
When we had the Roofing metal bought in it required about 5 trips to bring it all . I used his Taxi services .He was paid for 3 and I told him we were even on the loan . :biggrin:

Ah, now we know the "Rest of the story", which is as good as the first part!