• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 13-16, 2020

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
as we get closer to serenade time in sun valley, gathering of old grousers, I wanted to say thank you to each and everyone that is taking the time and made the effort to come,

I know very well how much time, money, prepping/repairing/servicing your snow cat and sometimes a very stressful drive it is to attend these events, and without you, there is no gatherings of snow cats, thank you.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves, meet a new friend and chat with old ones.

if you have any last minute questions, please PM me,

we will miss those that are unable to attend,

be sure to check the schedule and see everyone for after dinner drinks at the Sun Valley Inn lounge on Friday night, I will hand out the info packets at that time...

fyi, there are 30 plus rooms reserved...think we will have as many cats and more people, as we had at the first Cats Meow, Timberline Lodge, Mt Hood, Oregon

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2e7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2e7.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
our part of the serenade is meeting at north bend offramp exit 34. 5:30 am march 13 for the drive to the meet. 4 trailers with 5 cats. anyothers are welcome to join. we'll be useing gmrs when traveling.
this is a wide exit for when the pass is shutdown for the vehicles to back up in.
jim

oh,if you want to meet up someplace on the way we can get you the route.

leaving schedule is moved up 1hr to adjust for the loss of an hour entering mountain time zone. 4:30 @ north bend:17875:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
re the below post.
I will be traveling the week before the event.
If you want included, the earlier the better.
If you are attending with your cat and don't want this, reply to this post.

thanks
CT

I will gladly take on such a project.
What I would like from each "cat" attending is a reasonably recent photo of the cat. The year/make/model of the cat. The forum name of the owner/operator. the owners real name and home town. I would also be willing to put in a short line about the cat, the restoration, etc for people interest.

PLEASE PM THE INFO TO ME. if PM via Forums doesn't work for you send via email to cidertom@yahoo.com I will respond when I get the email, so if you don't get a response in a couple of days try a pm here to check.

CT

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
us with 5 snow tracs are staying at the lodge .I'm sure we'll miss some of the action.

TalleyHo

GOLD Site Supporter
Pontoon Princess - Was hoping you could point out which lot we should use for larger rigs. Thank You!

IMG_4150[1].jpg
nice to hear you are trying to make it work for you,

As for parking, there is the lot adjacent to the Sun Valley Inn and there is a much larger general lot that can handle pickups with trailers without issues, that will would the best place to park with the rigs, about the same distance from either lot to the Inn,

as for the info pack, I can email you the info when it gets closer to the event, and you should be good to go and, happy to make it work for you so Saturday goes well for you and you get to the location without issue.

I will, if you wish, follow up with a couple of folks about parking your rig with them in advance of the event.

quite sure you will find serval open seats for your guests.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the circled area is the place to park, and there is plenty of room!

please do not unload cats on sun valley property and or operate them on sun valley property.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3fd.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_3fd.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 296

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
More Frandee/Thiokol news, another of Ross Eskelsons sons is coming to the serenade. So at this point there are six members coming, Doreen and her husband, Scott and his wife, and Lynn and his wife. I only have room in the Frandee for two at a time, so I sure hope the offers are still out there to bring them along on Saturday for our adventure.

Been having lots of problems with the Frandee as of late. Currently it is stranded at a camp up in the mountains where it was used to haul boy scout equipment in for a three day adventure. Skiing in today about a mile and 1/2 to see if I can get it running. Sounds like the starter has jammed with the flywheel again, have had this happen a couple of times before. However, I was able to pop it free by rotating the engine backwards by hand. I was not there when it jammed so the users did not know how to free it up (starter is now partially disassembled, but still on the engine). Wish me luck, I need this back for Sun Valley, and the weekend after that it is being displayed at the entrance to the local car show "Chrome in the Dome 2020".

http://chromeinthedome.com/

Getting excited to see and meet everyone at the serenade in just a few weeks.

Where she sits today at Camp Taylor on Scout Mountain.
IMG_20200216_152020883_HDR.jpg

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
The things you see in Sun Valley. Probably couldn't afford the roof rack for a Lambo right?

Attachments

• 20200220_151828.jpg
    20200220_151828.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 203

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi folks,

did a site visit to sun valley and the area we are going to run, all looks good and feeling good we will have good snow for mid march...and checked in with USFS again
( lots of good folks at USFS ) and they are good with the gathering and areas we are using, may have a couple of USFS folks coming along as they are real snow cat lovers.

also, to make it easy, on, each and every snowcat owner from out of state, I purchased over snow vehicle sticker/permit for each and every out of state cat, and quite sure the in-state guys are asking what about me, first, I figured you should all have a permit, next, the funny part is buying out of state is easy, but buying for an in-state cat sticker is not and requires far more info and the in-state owner must do themselves, weird, so, wasn't able to do that, we are good to go and legal !!!

so, once again, have snow mobile stickers bought and paid for, for each out of state cat. this should make life easy on you guys and save you time and frustration of buying a sticker. you are welcome.....

again, everything is good to go for the march gathering...see ya all there

Last edited:

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
PP,
Not that I'm any expert, but looks like you're setting the 'snowcat event host' bar pretty high. Nice :thumbup:

Red130

Hi folks,

did a site visit to sun valley and the area we are going to run, all looks good and feeling good we will have good snow for mid march...and checked in with USFS again
( lots of good folks at USFS ) and they are good with the gathering and areas we are using, may have a couple of USFS folks coming along as they are real snow cat lovers.

also, to make it easy, on, each and every snowcat owner from out of state, I purchased over snow vehicle sticker/permit for each and every out of state cat, and quite sure the in-state guys are asking what about me, first, I figured you should all have a permit, next, the funny part is buying out of state is easy, but buying for an in-state cat sticker is not and requires far more info and the in-state owner must do themselves, weird, so, wasn't able to do that, we are good to go and legal !!!

so, once again, have snow mobile stickers bought and paid for, for each out of state cat. this should make life easy on you guys and save you time and frustration of buying a sticker. you are welcome.....

again, everything is good to go for the march gathering...see ya all there

Wow. Very nice, it appears every detail has been thought out and taken care of. Wish I could make it.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
attention attention attention

hey folks, please note, we have been assigned a much better and less visible parking lot to the general public, and it is actually closer to the Sun Valley Inn, please look at the map, download it and bring it with you so you park in the right place...

this parking lot is a vast improvement over the other area and much more to our liking and needs.....it is known as the Moritz lot, it is where the old hospital was located.

NEXT, I would to have a group text set up, so we all can stay in touch and also be able to give up dates and info as needed, so please please please PM Sno-Surfer,
Sean, he has agreed to handle and be the contact person for the group text, this will make life easier for all, so please PM Sno-Surfer and get on the group text and be informed...there is very good cell service in Sun Valley and surrounding area.

thank you.....

Attachments

• Moritz Parking Map.PNG
    Moritz Parking Map.PNG
    180.5 KB · Views: 363

Sno-Surfer

I'll be looking for your numbers in my PM box. For those that don't get the message, I'll be looking for you at the meet and greet Friday night. It would be nice to have the majority of them before hand so we can all be on the same page of information. :thumbup::hammer::eatdrink:

Sure looking forward to this and having some fun with all the mad catters!

And thank you Princess for all the effort to organize the greatest gathering of stray cats! I know they are hard to herd but from the sounds of it, there will be plenty of cat nip for all!! :clap::thumbup:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
out of the clear blue, along comes,

an offer from a metal sculpture artist, he is building us, the snow cat serenade folks, a large size snow cat sculpture, (about 24 inch long) and I plan to give it away at the Trail Creek Cabin dinner, you will need to be present, as I plan a very fun contest to win it, nothing to buy, just need to be present on Saturday night dinner, Trail Creek Cabin, and yes bribes will be accepted, and monies from such bribes will be donated to the USFS.

again, a young and up and coming, very talented metal sculpturer, I have seen his work and very impressed, is creating a special snow cat sculpture just for our event.

Very special ...

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like it is going to be a very cool dinner party! Cant wait to see the metal sculpture!
Thank You for putting this event together, its going to be a great time for sure!:thumbup:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Do we need to start sending bribe money now? My first bribe is on the way i hope you get it before Sun Valley. But you never know if cash will make it through the mail! :smile:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Do we need to start sending bribe money now? My first bribe is on the way i hope you get it before Sun Valley. But you never know if cash will make it through the mail! :smile:

bribes are being accepted now, and most welcome.....

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

Hey folks, the numbers have been rolling in, thank you! This will help us all a lot.
Keep them coming if you haven’t sent it already via PM. If you know someone not on the forum but wants to be informed, please pass their number to me as well.
It’s coming up fast! :clap:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
out of the clear blue, along comes,

an offer from a metal sculpture artist, he is building us, the snow cat serenade folks, a large size snow cat sculpture, (about 24 inch long) and I plan to give it away at the Trail Creek Cabin dinner, you will need to be present, as I plan a very fun contest to win it, nothing to buy, just need to be present on Saturday night dinner, Trail Creek Cabin, and yes bribes will be accepted, and monies from such bribes will be donated to the USFS.

again, a young and up and coming, very talented metal sculpturer, I have seen his work and very impressed, is creating a special snow cat sculpture just for our event.

Very special ...

spy photo of the sculpture

Attachments

• IMG_1751.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 235

olympicorange

...... it has the makings to make everyone envious , nice metal work, looking forward to the finished product :thumbup:. here's one I did last winter , waiting for parts & bored. had a box of matchsticks , some balsam wood, and a broken G.I. Joe toy, laying around...... ''recycling''' :smile:

Attachments

• jan. feb.2019 595.jpg
    jan. feb.2019 595.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 232
  • jan. feb.2019 596.jpg
    jan. feb.2019 596.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 243
  • march3rd winter pics 331.jpg
    march3rd winter pics 331.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 624 19 259.jpg
    624 19 259.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 241

olympicorange

………. I've drank a lot of Kool-Aide , …. when I scratch myself on a grouser, it does have alittle ''orange'' tinge to it,..ha ha,..... or could that be rust,...lol

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bruce and I went to different schools together. This one was dun about 40 years ago. The orange marker has faded bad. Time for a refresh.

Attachments

• styrofoam tucker.jpg
    styrofoam tucker.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 241