• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

brake line design master cylinder

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
AS you can guess, I work in fits and starts.

I am motoring through projects like a fat kid and a bag of candy.

In a rare fit of organization I decided to order in the parts I need for one of ten projects going on here in the compound.

the base of this project is a 2100 thiokol. It had the hydraulic assisted steering. there are a pair of piloted control valves that go in the cab. they provide a linear amount of controlled fluid to the steering Satellite/slave cylinders.

the priority valve and associated assemblies are heavy. I decided I want simple and light so I am creating my own slave cylinders and using ford econoline master cylinders.

I ordered the masters. the slaves are being built. so here is my madness. I want a 1/2" banjo to AN4 male fitting. Hose female to male, I will flare and route the nickel based brake line though the chassis to the slaves. male to female AN4. AN4 to pipe thread at he slaves.

What is sam hell is wrong with the interwebs that I can't find a supplier of a 1/2" banjo to AN4. I would even go banjo to inverted flare if I could find it.

Here is what I think i know.

AN = 1/16ths 3 AN is 3/16, AN 4 4/16 or 1/4

If I put a - (dash ) in front of it, I am denoting port size (female)

any one have a recipe for brake lines I have a feeling I am using the wrong terms in my searches and the logarithms of all things google are putting sponsored items in place of actual ASE nomenclature......

learn me up please.....

I can use anything but the masters are here now and they start out 1/2-20.....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
and long gone is the supplier down on the corner of Main St. and Project Ave, where you could walk in and chat with the counter guy that knew what you were talking about and where everything was in the backroom without looking at a Screen and would let you wonder through the warehouse and find exactly what you needed and just maybe learned something along the way, life was good, and the internet will never be able to complete with that, oh, wrong, they killed that shop off, so you have no choice, Internet wins by death

and they did not live happily ever after...

:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
and long gone is the supplier down on the corner of Main St. and Project Ave, where you could walk in and chat with the counter guy that knew what you were talking about

Fewer and fewer every day. Used to depend on my local Applied Tech guys, but they have gone the same way. If it isn't in the computer they don't have it... Even when you point to it on the shelf... 'that part isn't in the stock listings, so we can't sell it.' They wouldn't give it to me either...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
talked with Dorman tech on the phone. told me to call earls

Earls told me to call russell

A trailer manufacture that showed it on the web but could not confirm it is made out of steel.

Russell ( elderbrock) told me to call dorman.

Found a part close and called. Greystone is a amazon retailer. Bill was awesome. he could not help until i finally said I needed it for the master cyl in a 66' econoline van. then he could sell me one.

I bought many.

last time i bought them I got them at an oreilly, by digging through the drawers myself.....

Dorman tech line could not even tell me which catalog to look in....

LIke the kiosk at mcdonalds, industry is taking the customer service out and putting the onus of service on the customer......

zspryte

Site Supporter
Hunting for parts on the web (and too often in person) requires different skills than in the old days. Sometimes if you can find a part that is close, you can find out who manufactured it and explore the manufacturer's catalog. If you can find it in their catalog, you can almost always find out who sells it. Getting to know who makes what is often as important as knowing who sells what.

DouglasAcurn

Hi DJ
I would like to add Louise´s picture on my profile instead of Winnie, but I don´t know how to do it. Could you help me perhaps with the picture I just mailed you for the moyamoyapicturepage?

Annica