• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

poor idle on a bv206

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
any body else have a gas powered bv206 i'm interested in how your idle quality is i am working on one now and it sounds as if its missing at idle runs good at higher rpm's and i don't know if the industreal engines have some kind of high lift and duration cam wich causes poor idle or if the europeon solex carb is causing problems i don't want to try to fix the carb if the engines camed too radicaly to idle properly.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don,

I would really be surprised if a high lift, long duration cam were in an industrial application. Some things I think I might check would be any andvance mechanizms vacume and mechnical. Also intake leaks, check with carb cleaner shot around the head/maniflod at idle to see it the idle changes. What kind of vacume signal does it have at idle?

What brand of engine is it? Really dosen't matter much though.

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
any body else have a gas powered bv206 i'm interested in how your idle quality is i am working on one now and it sounds as if its missing at idle runs good at higher rpm's and i don't know if the industreal engines have some kind of high lift and duration cam wich causes poor idle or if the europeon solex carb is causing problems i don't want to try to fix the carb if the engines camed too radicaly to idle properly.

sounds very similar to a problem we saw some time ago the valves were set to tight check the valves would be my guess.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thyat was my thaught i have a fluttering vaccuum signal and had 2 possabilitys one being a preformance cam the other being valves 2 tight but i didnt want to tear in to it till i had some idea if the thing was supposed to idle rough or i actualy had some thing wrong the thing has always idled crappy but if i could get it to run like the automotive engine i would like to.

125a

sounds very similar to a problem we saw some time ago the valves were set to tight check the valves would be my guess.

Ha, I think I just found the insight to resolve the rough run problem with my IH V-220 (549 v8). Starts fine, but as soon as the valves quit ticking (10 sec or so), it runs lumpy. In retrospect, that should have been the obvious place to look...

Thanks, men.