• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama skirts taxes like all other wealthy do

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
"Rhetorically, Obama defines the 'rich' as millionaires like himself or billionaires like Warren Buffet. But in reality he sets his sights considerably lower: households (and small businesses) that make more than $250,000 a year. As for shared sacrifice, it is hard to find any in his [budget] proposal. Six out of 10 U.S. households receive more from the government than they pay in taxes. If 'shared sacrifice' is the standing order of the day, where is theirs? The president suggests that repealing Bush's tax cuts will save the day. But the vast bulk of those cuts go to people making less than $250,000 a year. The president wants to keep those cuts as his idea while talking about shared sacrifice. Meanwhile, as The Wall Street Journal notes, if you taxed everyone who makes over $100,000 at a rate of 100 percent, you still wouldn't raise enough to balance president Obama's budget, never mind pay off any debt. ... By setting his fortifications so far to the left of the middle ground, he gives the forces of reform room to advance far. The rank and file are ready for battle, with the tea parties at the forefront. The only question is whether the GOP's generals have the stomach for the fight. And that question raises as much dread as hope." --columnist Jonah Goldberg
Re: The Left

"n 2009, Obama took itemized deductions of $514,819, a foreign tax credit of $59,372, and a deduction for interest on his home of $52,195. He was also able to take a deduction for $49,000 he contributed to his self-employed retirement fund. If he had not taken these deductions, he would have paid taxes on an additional $675,386, which in his income bracket would have meant he owed somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000 more in taxes at the top marginal tax rate of 35 percent. Furthermore, he instructed the Nobel committee to donate his entire $1.4 million Nobel Prize directly to 10 charities, thereby avoiding the necessity of declaring the money as income on which he would have owed an additional $490,000 in taxes. If the president is so appalled at the rich and their ability to hire accountants to take advantage of each and every deduction, why doesn't he simply take the standard deduction on his tax return, like most Americans?" --columnist Linda Chavez

SShepherd

"if you taxed everyone who makes over $100,000 at a rate of 100 percent, you still wouldn't raise enough to balance president Obama's budget, never mind pay off any debt"

that should speak volumes, that taxing the "rich " is just class warfare used by the left.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
My accountant was trying to show me where specific deductions were removed as being able to be deducted at specific income levels. He had his 2010 tax book, which looked like a two NY city phone books in about 6 pt. print. It looked like that a LOT of deductions started going away once a household crossed 100k a year. Most of my relatives think I'm lying when I tell them that I can't deduct any of my 5 kids. I always get comments like, "You ought to get a huge refund with 5 kids!"

As I mentioned in several posts a few months ago, I figured 'screw it', and for the first time I let 2 employees go and started downsizing. It wasn't worth the added stress, expenses I couldn't deduct etc. to make just a little more money with them on board. I suppose that's the Obama way; put more on the government tit and unemployment. I'm not putting my time, effort and investment at risk just for the benefit of the government.

I do have one BIL who lives comfortably and has received several thousand more from the government than he and his wife ever pay in for many years now and admits it. He says it would be foolish for him to give it back, but his case proves our tax code is broken beyond repair. He's in the roughly 30% of the population who could easily pay their fair share of taxes yet not only pays no taxes but makes money from the government tax system. He's smart enough to realize that nothing in life is free and there are no free rides.....at least not permanent free rides. He figures our government will force us to be a minor world power due to their foolish tax schedule and foolish spending and unbelievable foreign aid. Why the hell do we give away BILLIONS each year to BS reasons and to people who would like to kill us??? I say we should put a moratorium on ALL foreign aid until we can get our own house in order. From my prospective, it looks foolish not to do so.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like I pay more than your BIL in taxes than his total income ......... :sad:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got no problem with Obama taking advantage of tax breaks available to us all. That is what I pay my tax preparer to do for me.

What I do not understand is the notion that the top 10%, which pay 50% of the taxes, are not paying their fair share, and the bottom 50%, which pay no nearly no taxes, are getting screwed by the tax codes.

SShepherd

I've got no problem with Obama taking advantage of tax breaks available to us all. That is what I pay my tax preparer to do for me.

What I do not understand is the notion that the top 10%, which pay 50% of the taxes, are not paying their fair share, and the bottom 50%, which pay no nearly no taxes, are getting screwed by the tax codes.

it's called class warfare or "spin"

the liberals prey on the emotions of those that have nothing, and promise them everything if they are elected. Success= bad/evil/putting you down/getting rich on your back . Good= looking at the successful and trying to take what they have.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Success means I file online tonight and put my check in the mail tomorrow like I do every year. I only work about 500 hours each year, but am penalized for being self-employed and for being married. At least I pay my shgare and I don't draw a gubmit check for sitting on my lazy ass like the dependent class does.

SShepherd

Success means I file online tonight and put my check in the mail tomorrow like I do every year. I only work about 500 hours each year, but am penalized for being self-employed and for being married. At least I pay my shgare and I don't draw a gubmit check for sitting on my lazy ass like the dependent class does.

well, that married thing

there can be a penalty at times:ermm::doh: