• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This was from the roll over the other day.
He shares photos of things like that..never of fatalities. We hear about those though.
He has a hard time dealing with some naturally.
There was a man back in January that was on a snow mobile on the river.
He was filming for YouTube and hit a tree branch that was frozen and sticking just out of the ice.
Ty pulled the snow mobile off the river.
That was a rough one for him.

This guy spilled a load of lime and wasn't seriously injured.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1521820599396.jpg
    FB_IMG_1521820599396.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
  • FB_IMG_1521820616262.jpg
    FB_IMG_1521820616262.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 59

rugerman

First I am going to dialysis for 4 hours, then my wife and I will be headed to Gulf Shores Alabama for a short trip to celebrate our 38th anniversary. My wife has always loved the beach. On the way back we will stop by Billy’s seafood and I hope they will have some whole flounder, we love them broiled with butter and lemon juice. Tonight we’ll go to Wolf Bay lodge for some seafood. Looking forward to it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We're all up and activity buzzes from every corner.:smile:
Going to take the girls to an iHeartradio Easter Egg hunt at noon.
Then possibly BBQing later this afternoon.
I put small lights down the east walkway last night.
Looks like I'll have to go back for more for the other side of the house.

Attachments

• 20180323_204409-614x614.jpg
    20180323_204409-614x614.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 49

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully my final trip to the local tire store. I want to shop local shops, and this guy is a nice guy, but damn the shop is S_L_O_W to do anything. I ordered a tire on Monday. He finally got it yesterday. Forgot to call me. I was at the post office a block away yesterday afternoon so I stopped to see if he had the tire, sure enough it came it. Why didn't he answer the phone when I called earlier ... because he left the receiver OFF THE HOOK on his desk. Everyone who called got a busy signal yesterday!

But the tire is there! He said come in at 10:30.

After the tire store I'm heading up to our 'flip' house to grout some tile.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
made calls, looking into dinner, got ill, took a nap, gave my pals dials, & hafta feed bab-- yay

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
made calls, looking into dinner, got ill, took a nap, gave my pals dials, & hafta feed bab-- yay

Hey little yinzer... you should have made your way over town and shared a Vinnie pie with Jeff and the gang :yum:
God Almighty!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1521929627136.jpg
    FB_IMG_1521929627136.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 38

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the tire store was pretty much a comedy club but it all got done. Arrived 15 minutes before my appointment time ... they were already behind ... but glad I did what I did because people kept streaming in. This is only a 2 man shop. An old guy who is forgetful and a 'worker' who is easily confused and crabby.

Worked out, in advance, twice, the new tire is going on my spare's steel rim. The spare is coming off that same steel rim and being put onto my alloy rim.

Of course they didn't remember. And I had to help remove the spare and help put the new spare back into place (they didn't even tip me for my efforts).

But its all done.

Went back home, picked up the Lovely Mrs_Bob and we drove up to our 'flip' house where I grouted a bathroom floor and about 2/3rds of a shower. Arthritis really was kicking my butt ... actually my hands, arms and shoulders. So only worked for about 3 hours but got a good bit done.

My contractor was also working there with one of his guys. They are legal Mexican workers, super nice guys, inexpensive, and honest. I told him I'd TRY TO buy a house for him to 'flip' (we already looked at it and did an inspection, but at the time we looked at it I did not commit). The house is being auctioned so we may get it. May not. If we get it then I'll pay 100% of the costs, split the profits 65%-35% with him, he does everything. I don't want to pick out paint or tile or anything. He needs to raise some funds, he has treated me very well, this is a way to pay him a bonus above and beyond his normal labor. Auction ends the ends on Good Friday so we will see if we get it.

Cooking BBQ ribs and sipping on some Indiana made SPRING MILL bourbon right now. Ribs are in the INSTANT POT pressure cooker. First 2 racks came out great. Final rack is in there now. They go in with dry rub and some apple cider vinegar. 29 minutes in the pressure cooker = FALL OFF THE BONE tenderness. We love them that way. Want them a little firmer, just cut the time back 4 to 7 minutes. After they come out they go under the broiler for just long enough to caramelize some BBQ sauce on top.

Movie night tonight. Not sure what. Don't care. Sore, tired and probably won't stay awake even if it is the GUNS OF NAVARONE :yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm allotting myself actual snooze-- don't allot that to myself
only when in hospitals- get ill & that's that- then-- i'll snooze as a champ--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
looking to see if that pie looks familiar-- tell him mineo's on squirrel hill--

I did last night.
He said he's been there with his lady, Robin.:smile:
She's from the Squirrel Hill area.

I'm up enjoying a selfish few moments of silence.
We had a busy yesterday.
The girls had fun at the Easter egg hunt tho it was pretty chilly and windy.
Last night dined on Kroger fried deli chicken and potato salad while watching American Hustle. What a GREAT movie!

Today hopefully will be as a Sunday should be.
:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been busy as heck lately with family and getting stuff done in preparation for Easter weekend.
Just got word that my eldest son got t-boned and spent a while in urgent care for neck pain.
He'd planned to go to Pittsburgh in the morning.
Not now.
He posted the dented Avenger on his Facebook page.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1522366644046-360x480.jpg
    FB_IMG_1522366644046-360x480.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 67

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up at 4am. Hate this damp spring weather. Been sore for days. Plan today is to go to the good friday service this morning. Followed by a medical appointment with my surgeon to have a look at my new hernia just below the first one that may require more surgery. Then a visit to the hospital next door to see my bro. He had an mri and ct scan yesterday which indicated a mild stroke and left some brain damage. He's only 42. [emoji29]

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the update on your brother. Let us know how he’s doing.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the update on your brother. Let us know how he’s doing.

Jim
No feeling in his arm and tingling in his left leg. I offered him one of my canes. He chuckled and said we'd make a fine pair walking down the street. Both walking with a cane at a young age.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan on going to Good Friday services,then I'll dye eggs with the girls.
We're having a small crowd for Easter dinner.
Ali's Grandmother and her boyfriend will be guests.
My oldest son Jeff feels pretty stiff and sore this morning after the crash yesterday.
This morning he told me he's getting a rental and going to Pittsburgh anyway. :hammer:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
A meeting with Governor Kim Reynolds about helping Veterans in the Iowa State Capitol. About 5 of us are packing....yes, it's legal in Iowa. We had to show our permits on the way in.

Governor Meeting 3-2018.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
That's cool, Lenny!
:thumbup:

It started with Tea Party meetings and we still have them, but now we have the Veterans' meetings too.

One of the things we brought up is a brochure we put together with phone numbers and addresses of places that help Veterans locally. We suggested the governor use our format for other parts of the state. She liked the idea. It helps out Veterans state-wide.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're a good man Lenny. ?

Never did get around to colouring eggs with the babes- we'll have plenty of time to do that tomorrow.
The service today was standing room only.
That's a good thing!

Just finished my dinner from Captain D's.
I always get the deluxe platter.

Attachments

• 20180330_200046.jpg
    20180330_200046.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 55

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to visit my brother this afternoon after my appointment. Kinda down now. Combination of what he's going through along with the fact that I have to have my 6th surgery in 3 years.

Went to practice tonight with my band for tomorrow's service. All new songs we've been practicing for weeks.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Saturday!
Just saw my son off to work and having that horrible coffee that is now so bad for us :yum:

We're under a high wind warning for this afternoon, probably what's going to usher in the warm weather coming.

We're doing Eastery stuff today, including going to a turkey supper tonight at church.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Going to see my brother at the hospital then off to the church for our annual fish fry. I'm helping at it then heading upstairs to setup and play guitar at our special easter service.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Scratch the church supper.
We women have been given orders by the wrecker operator not to "go running around today out in the @$^&*&' ummm wind".
Because trees....
Okie dokie :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a bright and sunny Easter Sunday.
Just gave the babes their treat baskets.
Ty got called to a tow this morning at 3am, then again at 6, then again just now.:hammer:
It never stops.
So he's on call today because Noah is sick and Pete's in Arizona.
Ali and the girls are going to Easter lunch at her Mother's.. I'll be here finishing up the prep for dinner at 5.

The bald eagle made an appearance across the road .. hopefully I captured it clear enough.
'MURICA!!

Attachments

• 20180401_094534-614x614.jpg
    20180401_094534-614x614.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20180401_095145-246x437.jpg
    20180401_095145-246x437.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 41

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a wonderful day, Ty got to spend the better part of it at home.
It's important for him to have the time with the girls.
Had an egg hunt on the east side lawn, said goodbye to the guests, got the leftovers put away and the kitchen cleaned, then watched an episode of Mystery Science Theatre, the one with the guy and 2 robots who do hilarious commentary during a cheesy film.
It must be on Comet tv now on Sunday nights.
I left the love birds downstairs and tucked the girls in.
This Granny is spent!:yum:

Attachments

• 20180401_184552-614x614.jpg
    20180401_184552-614x614.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180401_184632-614x614.jpg
    20180401_184632-614x614.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 27
  • received_620277388312841-614x614.jpeg
    received_620277388312841-614x614.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180401_190220-373x358.jpg
    20180401_190220-373x358.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180401_184528-614x614.jpg
    20180401_184528-614x614.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 27

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a wonderful day, Ty got to spend the better part of it at home.
It's important for him to have the time with the girls.
Had an egg hunt on the east side lawn, said goodbye to the guests, got the leftovers put away and the kitchen cleaned, then watched an episode of Mystery Science Theatre, the one with the guy and 2 robots who do hilarious commentary during a cheesy film.
It must be on Comet tv now on Sunday nights.
I left the love birds downstairs and tucked the girls in.
This Granny is spent!:yum:

Grandkids, Bald Eagles, and pine cones.

What more could you want? :yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.