• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Interesting collection I found in Maine

hansoni

We were snowmobiling in Andover Maine over the weekend and we came across this collection under a really nice pole barn, don't know much about them the only markings were on the white and black one "Studebaker" across the back.
Anyone here know what these are?

Attachments

• andover.jpg
    andover.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 235
  • andover2.jpg
    andover2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 224
  • andover3.jpg
    andover3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 238

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Green one is an amphibious Weasel. Should have a propeller on back.

White one is the standard Weasel with the artic cab. Like ones on Trans Antarctic Expedition. Made by Studebaker.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a friend who owns a M116 Huskey. The cooling fan is so loud it requires ear protection when you rev it up. It has a small thick radiator with twin ducted fans with a stator inside them. 3 V belts drive this fan system. His has a 350 chevy in it, with the original turbo 400 auto behind. Most interesting steering as well. If you need to turn tight, you select the direction of the turn on a lever on the dash. Then when you turn it locks up the inside track and you pivot around that side. With that lever in the middle position the system disengages. Driving it reminds me a lot of my Snow Trac, as it has a steering wheel and a progressive ratio as you turn the wheel. The magic box that does the steering has a GM tag on it. Hydro mechanical cross link is what some call it.

Weasels are impressive to with a top speed of around 35 MPH on a smooth gravel road. The M76 otter is way cool as well. I have never seen one in person, but read they are a capable machine.

Thanks for the pics!

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the m76 otter steers like the husky the weasel is equipped with the arctic cab but has a relocated fuel tank mod those are nice examples of ww2 and veitnam tracked all terrain carriers. the otter also has an air cooled dry sump 6 cyl contenential engine in it with fuel injection.