• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I scored AGAIN!!!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I went down to Napa and after 20 minutes and a couple phone calls ,I should have my new bearings in the morning . Expensive little bastards ....$30 a piece .
Still it is well worth it since I don't think its possible to wear this tiller out .
I should get it all back together tomorrow, then its time to do a little rewelding that looks like it was done by a very inexperienced farmer and throw on a new paint job . Why is it that people love to take off safety shields and throw them away ??????
grind off the bird terds first ooops i mean the old welds

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I may have spoken too soon . ...... :unsure:I replaced the bearings and spent the whole afternoon trying to align the 4 belt pulley system . I have just about decided someone "Jerry rigged" something at one time in the past . I have studied the parts book all afternoon and still can not bring it back within specs . I may just cut the whole damn thing out and redo it right .

The take up pulley has been changed too ,and no longer has a spring tension set up which is the whole reason for using this system as it takes all the load off the gear motor .