• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Facebook Rant

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
.. or as I like to call it Farcebook.

So I've always said I can't stand FB.
At the urging of my sons and some co-workers I did join last year.
I am there to talk to them only and have all my settings private.

This morning, I got a message from one of my former sisters in law from my first marriage saying that someone from England (Susan) contacted her and said to tell me she knows where I live and work, and that I'd better watch out because she's been saving to come to America and have it out with me.

First of all, why would psycho Susan contact someone else and not me?
How did she know Lori was my former SIL from my first marriage?
What would she think she has to gain from this other than before I left England, she somehow thought she was entitled to some of the money I got from Steven passing?
Our Leeanne was the only other person entitled to that.

I found her profile and blocked her, then told Lori and my sons to do the same.
They have.
All these years have passed and the drunken half-wit cannot let it go.
She was Steve's step sister from the union of Betty and Alec.
I met her twice in all the time I lived in Yorkshire.
Once in Heywood at Alec and Betty's home for tea.
And then again at Steven's funeral dinner at the pub.

I'm not really worried much about a person who lives in council housing and has never been able to afford a holiday.
I think she should know that some of us here in America carry.
Show up at my door and I'll introduce you to Lady, lady.

It's not like I don't have enough to contend with right now.
Crazy bitch.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Facebook has its place if used properly. I don't share all those annoying chain posts. I don't play games. I have one classified page I follow for this part of the province. And I use it to keep in touch with family. I've learned that opinions are something best left off Facebook because with that many people on there sooner or later poor liberal minded soul is going to be offended by something posted. Also. A lot of companies now look to Facebook to get a sense of who someone is before hiring them.
Like I said. It has its place. When I have something medical going on i can create a private message group and send everyone the same message all at once so everyone is getting the same story at the same time.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Facebook has its place if used properly. I don't share all those annoying chain posts. I don't play games. I have one classified page I follow for this part of the province. And I use it to keep in touch with family. I've learned that opinions are something best left off Facebook because with that many people on there sooner or later poor liberal minded soul is going to be offended by something posted. Also. A lot of companies now look to Facebook to get a sense of who someone is before hiring them.
Like I said. It has its place. When I have something medical going on i can create a private message group and send everyone the same message all at once so everyone is getting the same story at the same time.

I do the same, everything is private and only family and a few friends are on my page. I have relatives in Belgium that I still keep in touch with, and they send me news from there.

(side note) Europe has a lot of batshit crazy people there too. One cousin sends me crime reports from Brussels and to tell you the truth I wouldn't want to live there, it sounds like Detroit.......:sad:

The only screaming lib on my page is my B-I-L and I keep him on there because most of my friends like a good laugh in the morning. Reading his stuff is like reading a childs comic book. :yum::yum::yum:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
This is why I just don't go there!! Someone is always there to stir the pot.
Mike

leadarrows

I like Face Book. It's a good place to watch liberals heads spin around in circles.
I keep in touch with friends who have moved out of state and hear about others passing I might miss otherwise.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a Facebooker. I submit to the idea that my business is my business and nobody else.

Our son did get my wife to join and set up her account so she could keep up with the grand kids and great grand kids. I get all my family news through her or by picking up the phone and calling. As far as I know, she reads but never posts.

When our grand daughter was staying with us for a while we had a discussion about Facebook and the fact that prospective employers use it to vet applicants. Being on her last year of a law degree, she thought about it and then took steps to rectify the situation ... I'm glad to say!!!!

PG, as far as crazy relatives go, we've probably all got one somewhere. They never seem to go away. They just sit and fester in their hate, planning revenge for some fictitious slur or misdeed that only exists in their mind. It almost becomes their sole reason for living. Mostly they are harmless but it's a terrible way to waste a life.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm a member and found that it works best if you lie about virtually everything when you sign up.