• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Garage Doors!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have triple layer 8' garage doors. Two of them. They are 4 section with each section having 4 raised panels. Very typical. For those that my not know, triple layer is no big deal. Metal outer, polystyrene insulation in the middle and metal on the inside to protect the insulation. Very typical.

My question is wifey wants the top section on each door replaced with a window panel. Will I need to go back to Overhead Door to get the panels or are panel fit standard and any will work? I plan on painting them so color match is not an issue.

jwstewar

I had to replace the top panel on one of our Wayne Dalton doors after it froze to the ground and the opener tried to open the door. It ripped the whole top off the door. The store was very picky one what numbers they needed and what panels I wanted. So based on that, I would say you will have to go back to Overhead Door with your model information.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have triple layer 8' garage doors. Two of them. They are 4 section with each section having 4 raised panels. Very typical. For those that my not know, triple layer is no big deal. Metal outer, polystyrene insulation in the middle and metal on the inside to protect the insulation. Very typical.

My question is wifey wants the top section on each door replaced with a window panel. Will I need to go back to Overhead Door to get the panels or are panel fit standard and any will work? I plan on painting them so color match is not an issue.

Yep, pretty sure you will have to go back to Overhead Door and get that, plus they will have to install it.

Now, if I were you I would get a couple of old portholes somewhere, hand the wife a jigsaw and tell her to have at it......:yum::yum::yum: