• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama advisor Susan Rice requested wiretap names

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So now we know.

Susan Rice, one of the inner circle of top advisors to Obama was the one who requested the "unmasking" of the names of the Americans who were incidentally associated to foreign individuals in wiretap investigations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...ser-sought-names-of-trump-associates-in-intel

Full article at link above.

Rice did not respond to an email seeking comment on Monday morning. Her role in requesting the identities of Trump transition officials adds an important element to the dueling investigations surrounding the Trump White House since the president's inauguration.

Both the House and Senate intelligence committees are probing any ties between Trump associates and a Russian influence operation against Hillary Clinton during the election. The chairman of the House intelligence committee, Representative Devin Nunes, is also investigating how the Obama White House kept tabs on the Trump transition after the election through unmasking the names of Trump associates incidentally collected in government eavesdropping of foreign officials.

Rice herself has not spoken directly on the issue of unmasking. Last month when she was asked on the "PBS NewsHour" about reports that Trump transition officials, including Trump himself, were swept up in incidental intelligence collection, Rice said: "I know nothing about this," adding, "I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that account today."

So one has to ask, was she lying to PBS and who else did she lie to :hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Isn't this the same Susan Rice who told the world on six separate talk shows one Sunday morning, that the Benghazi embassy attack was the reaction and result of an anti Muslim video produced in America?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And another bombshell just dropped :hammer:

The newspaper once proclaiming ALL THE NEWS THAT IS FIT TO PRINT has been sitting on the story for the past 48 hours, apparently trying to protect the legacy of President Obama??? Yup, the New York Times has had this story but has not released it.

Full story at link = http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-03/confirmed-susan-rice-unmasked-trump-team

As noted last night, Journalist and author Mike Cernovich dropped an exclusive bombshell - naming Obama's National Security Advisor Susan Rice as the official responsible for the 'unmasking' of the incoming Trump team during 'incidental' surveillance. This was apparently discovered after the White House Counsel's office reviewed Rice's document log requests:

The reports Rice requested to see are kept under tightly-controlled conditions. Each person must log her name before being granted access to them.
Upon learning of Rice’s actions, [National Security Advisor] H. R. McMaster dispatched his close aide Derek Harvey to Capitol Hill to brief Chairman Nunes.​
Cernovich pointed out, as revealed in an article by Circa, that President Obama began loosening the rules regarding "incidental intercepts" starting in 2011 - making it easier for the US Government to spy on individuals who are not the primary target(s) of a surveillance operation.

As his presidency drew to a close, Barack Obama’s top aides routinely reviewed intelligence reports gleaned from the National Security Agency’s incidental intercepts of Americans abroad, taking advantage of rules their boss relaxed starting in 2011 to help the government better fight terrorism, espionage by foreign enemies and hacking threats​
And guess who had authorization to unmask individuals who were 'incidentally' surveilled? Former CIA Director John Brennan, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, and Obama's National Security advisor Susan Rice. Also of note is the claim that New York Times journalist Maggie Haberman has been sitting on the Susan Rice story for at least two days:

This reporter has been informed that Maggie Haberman has had this story about Susan Rice for at least 48 hours, and has chosen to sit on it in an effort to protect the reputation of former President Barack Obama.​

rugerman

No surprise, the obama administration is and was the most corrupt group of government folk ever, if their lips were moving it was a lie/half truth/untruth due to omission/ or just a plain old whopper of a bald faced lie. No one was exempt, from the president on down. Who knows how much will be uncovered in the future? Only time will tell. With the obama administration it wasn't a swamp it was a cesspool!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Susan Rice walks into a liquor store and asks if she can have a bottle of liquor. The attendant asks her what size and she replies "I need all the fifths you got". .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And more and more and more fuel to feed the 5th Amendment pleas by Rice :hammer:

http://circa.com/politics/accountab...e-consumed-unmasked-intel-on-trump-associates
...Intelligence sources said the logs discovered by National Security Council staff suggested Rice’s interest in the NSA materials, some of which included unmasked Americans' identities, appeared to begin last July around the time Trump secured the GOP nomination and accelerated after Trump’s election in November launched a transition that continued through January...

...The exact national security justifications for Rice accessing the reports isn’t clear and may require additional documentation that the House and Senate intelligence committees have requested from the NSA, America’s lead agency in spying on foreign powers...

...One intelligence professional with detailed knowledge of how the NSA and other intelligence agencies share information with the White House during transitions told Circa that U.S. intelligence reporting on foreign leaders’ perceptions of Trump spiked after his unexpected election win in November, creating a trove of information that could be accessed by the outgoing White House...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Susan Rice did as she was told. The orders came from the top down. She'll be the scape goat once again. No surprise.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Susan Rice did as she was told. The orders came from the top down. She'll be the scape goat once again. No surprise.

You probably can't prove that, but I do believe it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You probably can't prove that, but I do believe it.
Yep, I'd agree with that. I'd guess Obama talked to his chief of staff Denis McDonough, who then talked to Valerie Jarrett or some one else who then spoke in private to Susan Rice. No witness. Nothing in writing. She can claim someone told he to do it but they will deny it to save Obama and that will leave Susan Rice out to dry. But in the end, does anyone really think anything will happen to Susan Rice for this illegal activity? I don't. I'm sure the Big O and his team will do all they can to protect her as much as possible.

rugerman

To the media and the obama administration there were no scandals, that was just how things were done, all sleazy tricks were ok as long as they got what they wanted done . Lie, cheat ,steal it was all good.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just to example how bad the left is on this, I was asked by a lefty today to provide proof that any laws were broken.

Obama will skate and likely so will Susan Rice. President Trump doesn't have the time and the GOP doesn't have the balls to chase this one down.

Four years from now, no one will remember the illegal surveillance, and the left will still be asking us to justify Donald Trump's collusion with the Russian Government.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Just to example how bad the left is on this, I was asked by a lefty today to provide proof that any laws were broken.
The mugging of General Flynn is proof of broken laws; there are others. It would probably be pointless considering how unteachable these folks end to be, but did you at least give an example or two?

Obama will skate and likely so will Susan Rice. President Trump doesn't have the time and the GOP doesn't have the balls to chase this one down.
I'm afraid you're right. Nonetheless I hope AG Sessions has his people take a hard look and indict anyone who merits that action.

Four years from now, no one will remember the illegal surveillance, and the left will still be asking us to justify Donald Trump's collusion with the Russian Government.

A LOT of people will remember; it might even do some good. I have every intention of keeping two NY Times headlines for posterity: the one that says there is no evidence of anyone wiretapping Trump's people, and the one that says Mike Flynn's conversation with a Russian was discovered as the result of a wiretap!

As to the charge of collusion: I'll give ten-to-one odds that no such collusion will be found, unless fabricated out of whole cloth by the Loony Left. Contact with Russia, even with some in their government? Certainly; a business man with a highly successful worldwide organization would be expected to have such contacts. A tempest in a teacup - it isn't a big enough weather event to warrant an actual teapot. :brows:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Meanwhile CNN and MSNBC this morning are citing further evidence of so called collusion between Trump and Putin.

Seems last evening, President Trump ordered Russian Dressing on his tossed salad. Maxine Waters has renewed her demand for an impeachment and Pelosi and Schumer are demanding a Special Prosecutor to get to the bottom of this.

This could be serious business folks. Donald had at least a half dozen dressings to choose from, including a Thousand Island that is to die for, yet he picked Russian. Obvious collusion to everyone sitting at the table, including the waiter and possibly even the Chef. :hammer::whistling::yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like at least ONE MORE OBAMA ADVISOR is involved in this mess :hammer:

For the full article visit Zero Hedge at the link:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...y-unnamed-member-team-trump-has-been-unmasked

WSJ: Susan Rice Was Not Alone In "Unmasking" Team Trump

As part of its daily wrap of the Susan Rice newsflow, which focused on her first media appearance since she was "outed" as the persona responsible for "unmasking" members of team Trump, the WSJ provides two new pieces of incremental information: i) in addition to Michael Flynn, at least one more member of the Trump transition team was "unmasked" in intelligence reports due to multiple foreign conversations that weren't related to Russia; and ii) Rice wasn't the administration official who instigated Mr. Flynn’s unmasking, confirming there is at least one more high-level official giving "unmasking" orders.

... GOP lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee said that the names of two U.S. citizens who were part of Mr. Trump’s transition team have been unmasked in intelligence reports. One is Mr. Flynn and the other hasn’t been identified. The report involving Mr. Flynn documented phone conversations he had in late December with the Russian ambassador to the U.S.

The WSJ then reports that Rice had requested the unmasking of at least one transition official — not Mr. Flynn — who was part of multiple foreign
conversations that weren't related to Russia.

And the punchline: "The Republican official and others said Ms. Rice wasn't the administration official who instigated Mr. Flynn’s unmasking."

In other words, the story that Susan Rice is the unmasker is incomplete as there is at least one more person exposing the identities of people in Trump's circle, and that the NSA and other intel agencies have been surveiling, accidentally or otherwise, at least one, so far unnamed individual, from Trump's circle. It may well be someone that the WaPo and NYT have already published about, or it may be someone who has yet to hit the newswire, delivering the latest twist of the ongoing intelligence-fed news cycle.

For now the answer is unknown, although when Rice testifies under oath before the House Intel Committee, we hope that all outstanding questions will finally get answers.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
For what it's worth, I don't expect her to testify at all without a guarantee of immunity, and possibly not even then. She may fall on her sword rather than rat out Obama.

At best we will get a Lois Lerner response.

Ya'll remember Lois, She pled the fifth and then retired from the IRS on a nice pension.

What I don't get is the MSM keeps referring to the surveillance as a "wire Tapping" I thought that charge, when made by President Trump, was debunked?:whistling:

So, was Trump wiretapped or not?:yum::yum::yum: