• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trashy boating

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was an awesome day for boating. Today ...not so much. Trash came down river from the severe storm that passed through here a couple days ago and some of it surrounded our boat. Going to be tough just to et away from the docks. :pat:

Attachments

• boatsAndTrash.jpg
    boatsAndTrash.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 195
  • boatsAndTrash2.jpg
    boatsAndTrash2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 195
  • boatsAndTrash3.jpg
    boatsAndTrash3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 194

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
ewwww that is messy.
I'd wondered if that storm impacted you in any way.
We got 60+ winds, heavy rain and lightning.
No hail.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, at least the boat is still afloat.

My S-I-L lost her boat in Georgia many years ago. The lake was low and along came multiple storms and the remnants of a hurricane. The water came up so fast it flooded the marina and unfortunately her boat got caught under the dock on the way up. Bye bye boat.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those pics were from around 9am. We went down at noon and the river had taken all the trash away. The current was not that strong, but it was enough to clear all the trash from the boat. Awesome.
We boated yesterday but it was tricky cruising. The water last week was so clear last week. Now it's a icky muddy mess. Hope it clears us soon.

Attachments

• BoatsAndTrashGone1.jpg
    BoatsAndTrashGone1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 175

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to ask if it's always that muddy. All the rivers around here are very high and brown after yesterday's flooding. We got up bright and early at camp and headed back to inspect the damage. Thankfully our place escaped the flooding. I just had a bit of water in one corner of the garage but the basement survived.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have that same issue on the Connecticut river near Hartford. But seldom have the muddy water. Here in St Louis Mo we endure what your photos show on a regular basis.

UGH

What is scary with the muddy water are the deadhead that may be floating just under the surface as you plane over them at 30MPH. Boom...; mew lower unit or worse.:hammer:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
when we get wood, trees ,sticks in our river it is rising . but it is a glacier fed river and not very long. it has king salmon in it now.