• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It was bound to happen. Woke up this morning to white fluffies falling from the sky. The ground is still too wet for anything to stay though. I'd rather have a nice blanket of snow than the cold damp weather we've had for the past month. At least the snow will absorb some of the moisture in the air and I won't feel as sore.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up to a couple inches of white stuff on the ground today. It rained for almost two weeks straight then froze overnight and stayed that way for a few days. Winter is definitely here.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
We had our first snow here in the ozarks early sat morning......not much and it didn't last long.....Think Ill stay right here though!!!:big grin:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Had a couple of inches of snow here also. It sure looked pretty Sunday morning with all the snow on the tree limbs and the sun shining on them.

OK, is it to early to be wishing for summer weather......:unsure:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well now. This is a first. I could rake my lawn in December if I wanted. It's been raining all day. I've never seen that before in December where I live. In years past I've been grooming the trails in mid November and that took over 2 feet of snow.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Well now. This is a first. I could rake my lawn in December if I wanted. It's been raining all day. I've never seen that before in December where I live. In years past I've been grooming the trails in mid November and that took over 2 feet of snow.
See you need a krusty more now than ever. it could just sit in your yard looking cool like all the rest of them.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up to a light snowfall on the ground. Just a dusting. The big dump is coming overnight. Let's hope Frankie is wrong with his forecast

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So far all the forecasters are wrong. We had a light dusting of snow last night that melted during the day. Now they're saying it's coming tomorrow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Forecasters were wrong again. They called for a couple cms of snow this morning changing to rain. So I took a ride to the border to pick up some Christmas presents I ordered in. It was basically wet pavement all the way down. Towards the end it changed to a light slush on the road. On the way back, I had to put the truck in 4x4 and could only do 60kmph. With the temps being above freezing, the road was covered in about 6" of slush throwing the truck in every direction. At one point, the back end started to come around. I let off the gas and gently eased the steering the opposite way. I ended up sliding sideways toward the ditch on the opposite side of the road. I managed to steer out of that one and got it straightened up again but found myself in the opposite lane with a vehicle coming towards me. All is well though. I got it back in my lane and continued on.

12342790_10153099019162303_9198584931913857732_n.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We ended up with close to 6" of snow today. Temps stayed above freezing all day. Now it's pouring rain. What a sloppy mess. Can't shovel it. Clogs the snowblower. I'd rather have .-10 with two feet of snow then this crap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This is the cap we woke up to tus morning. Nothing but a sloppy mess. Supposed to be more coming tomorrow. I better drag my crippled butt out there and clear some of it

a84b634c76eeb137aaf9c3102657610c.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is none in western PA with none scheduled for at least 10 more days and that's fine with me ...............

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up till a few days ago we had green grass. That is odd for our location for December.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We still have green grass and if the mowers were not put away in storage I could mow. I actually would mow if I could just for grins and chuckles. Never mowed a lawn in December in my life. LOL.

In the 40's today and a warmup predicted for next week. I love El Nino and so called global warming. Wood and pellet consumption is way down and that saves me money.

Christmas week looks awesome!! :clap:

Screenshot 2015-12-17 11.34.10.png

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well now.....I had a hell of a time trying to decide how to dress the kids this morning to head out. Should they wear rubber boots, rain jacket, and umbrella? Or perhaps snowsuit and boots? Here we are, December 23rd with 4 inches of snow/slush on the ground and it's pouring rain. Very warm weather this year. I hate it! I'd rather have -10 and holding steady. This damp cold weather gets right down to the bones. I can feel every bone I broke last summer. My liver feels like it's going to fly out of my stomach any minute.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally.. :clap:

About ten inches on the ground so far, and it is going to snow well into the night..

Really love the snow. It's not been much of winter so far, but today it is really improving!! :smile:

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the tail-end of this crap is going to work it's way up through Indiana before it finally lets up.

What a horrible, sloppy, WINDY day it's been.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Frozen rain & ICE here.

Scraped it off the driveway this afternoon. Got about 1" of it. It tapered off but we are still getting it.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Started sleeting about 2 yesterday afternoon. We've has rain snow and sleet and freezing rain all day. This morning is suppose to get in the 40's.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today: Windy. Snow will taper off and end this morning leading to cloudy conditions this afternoon. High 31F. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Tonight: Windy. Cloudy skies will become partly cloudy after midnight. Low near 10F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This kinda snuck up on us. Forecast was only for light snow over night. On the level we got 6 inches. About time. I'm used to this amount by mid November.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452863176967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452863176967.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 136
  • uploadfromtaptalk1452863190969.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452863190969.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 141