• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Phishing scams.................

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I recieved this in an e-mail today......

SUBJECT: RE: TRANSFER CONFIRMATION: UN/FBI/U.B.A-TT/998/15
OUR REF: U.B.A/ACD-WA/TTD/998/XXXX010 CODE:068

RE: PAYMENT NOTIFICATION FROM U.B.A BANK !!

Attn: Beneficiary !!

Please Be Informed that We Received A Payment Credit Instruction From United Nations / Federal Bureau Of Investigation To Credit Your Account With Your Full payment Inheritance Fund Of Us$10.5 Million From Their Reserve Account With Our Bank.

Be informed that the United Nations (UN) / Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) has taken over the Inheritance/Winning payment issue which you currently or previously had with your transaction agents. Your funds was withdrawn by UN / Federal Bureau Of Investigation on your behalf based on the fact that you where subjected to too many processes that will make you spend more money before receiving your funds. Please contact with your details in the manner stated below for your $10.5 Million US Dollars Only.

ALSO be informed that you will receive your fund via Bank to Bank Wire Transfer, means to your Personal Bank Account, this was agreed with the "Nigeria" Government and the UN / Federal Bureau Of Investigation due to how the world is looking at money movement nowadays.

However, You Are Required To Provide The Followings Datas Below:

1) Your Full Name: ...................
2) Address, City, State And Country: ....................
3) Phone, & Mobile No: ....................
4) Occupation & Position: ..................
5) Name Of Account Holder: .......................
6) Name Of Bank: .......................
7) Account No.: ........................
8) Routing No: ....................
9) Swift Code: ................
10) Bank Address: ...................
11) Age And Marital Status: ..........................
12) A Copy Of Your Passport, Driver's License: ........................

Please Do Provide The Above Information Accurately, Because This Office Cannot Afford To Be Held Liable For Any Wrong Transfer Of Funds Or Liability Of Funds Credited Into A Ghost Account.

Thank You For Choosing "U.B.A BANK NIGERIA PLC"; We Appreciate The Opportunity To Serve You Better.

Thanks And God Bless.

REGARDS;
MR.Emeke Iweriebor
Director
U.B.A BANK NIGERIA PLC
TELL: +234-806-1591-883

Now I have gotten lots of these in my e-mail and I always mark them as phishing scam and send them into msn.com as such. Now, does anyone know if your e-mail provider when they get these do anything about them?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I recieved this in an e-mail today......

Now, does anyone know if your e-mail provider when they get these do anything about them?

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I think they (MSN or whoever) just sell your name to the next scammer that comes along with the money to buy their mail list of potential make money the easy way.....:yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think they (MSN or whoever) just sell your name to the next scammer that comes along with the money to buy their mail list of potential make money the easy way.....:yum:
I'm afraid you are right Bill. Email like that is simply deleted if it is not blocked already by my spam filter. NIGERIA is a key word and mail with that work in it will not get into my email inbox. Other key words will cause a spam filter to insert SPAM in front of the subject line. Not perfect but it works more often than not.
I would not forward these emails to anyone, I fear a scam all the way around like Bill mentioned.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I've blocked many of the e-mail addresses when I get them, but they just keep coming. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Latest one around here is a scam dealing with the warranty on your vehicle. I got one just the other day telling me they tried 3 times to reach me and it was critical that I sign up immediately to insure my Hyundai warranty continues.

I asked the guy if he thought that I had f***ing stupid written on my forehead. :yum: Click was all I heard on the other end. :yum:

I feel sorry for a lot of the old folks that are sucked into this shit. They can get confused and anxious very easily. I'd love to get my hands around the necks of some of these pukes.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I just do the best thing and never read emails unless i know it is coming,it works for me.