• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Meeting night - 7.8.2015

Moose Guy

ATA had its weekly meeting last night. About 12 members showed up to work on a couple specific items. The team is amazing how quickly big jobs become small with so many hands to help! :clap:
Motor out of Imp #01.jpg
Here are Bovey, Brian and Rick helping Bob remove the Saab motor from his Imp.
Motor out of Imp #01a.jpg
Bovey's engine stand on the back of his truck was invaluable. Now it's time to find a Saab Sonett that no longer needs its motor... :brows:
Crew waiting to haul Mace's ST #01.jpg
The next mission of the night was to move Mace's #1175 out of the shop for the next soda blasting day.
Crew waiting to haul Mace's ST #01a.jpg
All hands on deck to get it out of the shop without its tires.
Crew waiting to haul Mace's ST #01b.jpg
Work made easy with this many volunteers.
Crew waiting to haul Mace's ST #01c.jpg
Now it's time to move it out of the shop and over near the blast tent.
Hagglund #01.jpg
The Hagglunds have arrived! :w00t2: These are definitely the big leagues compared to the Snow Tracs, Imps and Katracks we've been working with. A number of the members have worked on and operated these before so we're in good hands. In fact, Don Erickson has been on the phone lots with 'Big Toe' as of late giving his input! :applause:
Hagglund #01a.jpg
Everyone was becoming familiar with the units.
Hagglund #01b.jpg
The end of the evening was bringing one of the units in so Walt can start going over the punch list of fluid & filter replacing, checking belts and hoses and making sure the the bolts are tight!

Next week our goal is to replace 2 of the Hagglund tracks on the other unit while starting to assemble 3 Snow Tracs that were soda blasted last week.

Take care and 'til next week, "Get 'em back on the trails!"

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
I see the Kattrac is old news.. didn't even make one picture...:sad:

Guy goes to the slope and the world forgets all about em.........

I be dragging those hagland thingies out of the woods you watch!
yes sir you watch.....:yum:

( I just have a sour puss cause you guys are having so much fun!!!!!)

and by the way...... good job guys......
though the money good I still wish I was there!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I Know 3512b,
We are gone a week or so and completely forgotten. I guess 2 Hagglunds and Bobcats French Engine powered contraption is all it takes. Don't tell Bobcat but those SAAB engines were made in a French Factory...........

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
paint them hagglunds orange, set them on a trailer ,and tell Bobcat they are the big brother to his krusty.