• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bomb the S*** Out of ISIS

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
And the snowflakes say this will escalate ISIS on us. Good. Let them come out of the woodwork and see what happens

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
That's quite the little firecracker!! They claim the airburst will collapse tunnels. If you're too close I'll bet it will at least collapse eardrums!!
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
He kept his promise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCW0GskdRl0"]Donald Trump | I'm Gonna Bomb The Shit Out Of ISIS | Mango News - YouTube[/ame]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I listened to a guy on TV explaining the MOAB. When asked if this was a precision guided weapon, he said, "No, with this thing close is good enough.". I had to laugh. :yum::yum::yum: Long and loud.

The sad thing is that we only had 15 in our arsenal and now we are down to 14. So, you pick the next 10 targets and we'll keep 4 in reserve just in case any of those 10 targets need a refresher. :whistling:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's someone with a camcorder nearby with a video of it going boom.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dljK15occQ4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dljK15occQ4[/ame]

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Nope
Pretty sure that's a Yemen munitions dump is what's in that video.
Sorry.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for straightening me out Fred. I thought it looked odd. Smoke then small fire then big boom.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
On the news this morning they were talking about 6500 isis hiding out in this bunker? Bomb the crap out of it!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
On the news this morning they were talking about 6500 isis hiding out in this bunker? Bomb the crap out of it!

A report this afternoon said they killed 36 ISIS fighters. That's almost 600# of explosive per casualty. Yup, that should do it.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
The thing may not be precision guided, but it is steerable somewhat. the 4 fins pop out when dropped, and do rotate which will affect trajectory a bit.

And I understand it's called an air blast, but it does not explode until the nose touches ground. But it does explode in air, essentially, unlike some of the bunker busters which penetrate ground before exploding

At least that's what I've read and heard.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
For what it's worth from the news media, I understood it's GPS guided. Whether true or not, I don't know. If true I'm sure it can be dropped on a dime.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It seems that the "expert" that I watched on TV wasn't so much of an expert. He gave the impression that it was a "dumb" bomb with a one mile blast radius so it didn't need any sort of sophisticated guidance system. I bow to you guys superior knowledge. :oops:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Just keep in mind, Frank, that our "superior knowledge" was learned from the news media. They seem to have a tendency, Fox included, to get a little tidbit without following up on it and run with it.
Edit: I just googled "global security.org" and they seem knowlegeable in saying the MOAB is GPS guided.
Mike

Last edited:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
There's a video out there somewhere by the manufacturer of the MOAB explaining how the thing works.
But can't find it now.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just keep in mind, Frank, that our "superior knowledge" was learned from the news media. They seem to have a tendency, Fox included, to get a little tidbit without following up on it and run with it.
Edit: I just googled "global security.org" and they seem knowlegeable in saying the MOAB is GPS guided.
Mike

Yea. I googled it too. You can't trust anything that you see or hear these days without cross referencing it at least twice. :hammer::hammer: