• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What should we do?

Should we bomb Assad for the Sarin Nerve gas attack?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It doesn't have to make sense to us. The hundreds of thousands of his own people he has murdered - estimates are over 450,000 dead civilians - over the years he has been in power never made any sense to us either but he did it nonetheless. If nothing else, he is acting now the way he has in the past.

As noted above, he seems to need little reason to kill his own. Four years ago he fired gas-carrying rockets into a suburb of Damascus, killing an estimated 1,300 civilians. The only reason ever put forward was speculation that the area was primarily Sunni; Assad is a Shiite. Remember, being the wrong sort of Muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time has been a capital offense for over 1,400 years!

No question he is a despicable human being and I must say I hesitate using the term human being when speaking about him. I still do not believe it is our job alone to remove him from power. It is the job of the world community. Or arab community if you will.

We former military people remember very well the oath we took when we raised our right hand and repeated after me. We take that oath very seriously but we must be mindful other militaries are not bound by such codes of conduct. I have no respect for any military member who would follow such orders to gas young children and in effect become nothing better then terrorists like ISIS. Thereby I am thrilled at the strike and thrilled we killed some of those Syrian AF people at the base. They were complicit and they wear a uniform. End of story.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I have to question Trump's real objective by his token missile attack and his prior warning of the pending attack. What is the gain of the attack other than to send a message that the US may take action where Obama hid in the corner. As to actually helping the civilians in Syria this attack does very little to assure them of being safe. Bombs or gas they are going to die while the world powers flounder around trying to decide which side to support? The best outcome of the attack is the showing of force by Trump that he is fully in charge of the US and may have the will power to take a stand as needed to other countries such as North Korea and Iran.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKb9GVU8bHE"]Syria's war: Who is fighting and why - YouTube[/ame]