• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

puyallup ridge

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
unloaded
DSC00355.jpg

got almost to the top and dug in about 14 degree slope so snow shoes did the last 100yds with batteries and gear.
DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

yea ,you don't have to tell me . should of had orange.
me at iced steps to old tower
DSC00370.jpg

dmc also spun out and backed down
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/stude/puyallup%20ridge/DSC00358.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/stude/puyallup%20ridge/DSC00370.jpg[/IMG]
inside control building .
DSC00372.jpg

me and canyon
DSC00394.jpg

Sno-Surfer

Great shots. Nice to be able to run up with another cat. Looks like they both reached about the same spot on the hill. How long was the trip?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great shots. Nice to be able to run up with another cat. Looks like they both reached about the same spot on the hill. How long was the trip?
not sure but thinking 10 miles. I went up with my snow trac about 5 years back but the snow had a good crust and you didn't sink much.

I back bladed the snow when I spun out and was able to gain a couple feet each time. it was really time consuming so we gave up.

The Sweet Wbj1

I am sincerely wondering if you are being serious or sarcastic about Orange? Do you think one of those Orange machines would have made it up?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I am sincerely wondering if you are being serious or sarcastic about Orange? Do you think one of those Orange machines would have made it up?

I'm pretty sure the orange reference is to his clothes. Pretty hard to spot black in the snow if something were to happen. Maybe stash some hunter's mesh vests in your cat?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
not sure ,they do climb good but if you have a thousand pounds of gear probably not.
it had small drifts and if I spun it sunk fast. the other guy in the cat said my snow trac would have made it.
we made it in a lot farther than the snowmobiles with heavy backpacks.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
had to go back to the radio repeater today.
this time the snow was firm and with some side hill grading we made it.
DSC00410.jpg

bruce brought his search dog .
DSC00434.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it's been awhile since I could see several mountains. st helens was kind of hazy.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use it very little but it helped with some of the filled in trails this time. at mt hood meet I dropped it off and was able to climb the slushy hill.
I would say no on this cat.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim lucky you have some snow I haven't even fired an engine yet not enough snow covering the presidential heads I would just tear up more stuff trying to operate one now.