• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

crazy catholic priests at it again

dzalphakilo

Banned
Funny, any time I come across one of these articles, I now think of Bob.

Boston priest accused of stalking, harassing Conan O'Brien

Email|Print| Text size + By Samantha Gross
Associated Press Writer / November 7, 2007

NEW YORK --A priest has been arrested on charges of stalking late-night talk show host Conan O'Brien by writing him threatening notes on parish letterhead, contacting his parents and showing up at his studio, prosecutors said Wednesday.
"I want a public confession before I ever consider giving you absolution -- or a spot on your couch," wrote the Rev. David Ajemian, who signed the notes "Padre," said Barbara Thompson, a spokeswoman for the Manhattan district attorney's office.

Ajemian, from the Archdiocese of Boston, was arrested last week while trying to enter a taping session of NBC's "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, near where other NBC shows are taped and the famous Christmas tree is put up, Thompson said.

Court papers say Ajemian referred to himself as "your priest stalker" in one note and complained of not being allowed in to see an earlier taping of the O'Brien show.

"Is this the way you treat your most dangerous fans?" the note said.
The letters and e-mails, which started coming in September 2006, continued even after Ajemian was asked to stop and were "intended to cause annoyance and alarm," Thompson said. The priest could face up to a year in prison if convicted on charges of aggravated harassment and stalking.

Ajemian also has been in contact with O'Brien's parents, Thompson said.
The priest and the late-night host may have attended Harvard University at the same time. O'Brien graduated in 1985, and Ajemian graduated from high school in 1979 before attending the Ivy League school, according to an alumni magazine published by his high school.

The Archdiocese of Boston said in a statement that Ajemian had been placed on leave and was no longer allowed to minister publicly. O'Brien, a native of the Boston suburb of Brookline, Mass., has participated in fundraising activities for the archdiocese.

An NBC spokesman said O'Brien was not commenting on the incident.
A telephone message left Wednesday night at St. Mary-St. Catherine of Siena Church in Boston's Charlestown neighborhood, which Ajemian gave as his address, was not immediately returned.
dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

Sir Knight

... "I want a public confession before I ever consider giving you absolution" ...

The priest was definitely off his rocker. A Catholic priest take vows that he will NEVER reveal what is told him during a confession even to save his own life.

Additionally, absolution is NEVER to be CONDITIONAL. The priest is definitely off his rocker.

Cityboy

Banned
... "I want a public confession before I ever consider giving you absolution" ...

The priest was definitely off his rocker. A Catholic priest take vows that he will NEVER reveal what is told him during a confession even to save his own life.

Additionally, absolution is NEVER to be CONDITIONAL. The priest is definitely off his rocker.

:horsepoop:WTF is all the confession stuff about? :confused2: This is one of the things that turns me against organized religion. It is part of the "guilt trap" that all religions have in order to maintain control of their congregations.

I'm sorry if that upsets some people but religion and its collective rituals make absolutely no sense and works to turn people against each other. And you wonder why Catholic priests plook alter boys? Because it is not natural for human beings to take a vow of celibacy, that's why...it's not natural, and when you go against nature, you get perversion. The world has enough perverts as it is without organized religion creating more. Damnit!

Ahem...I fell much better now, thank you. :soapbox:

dzalphakilo

Banned
:horsepoop:WTF is all the confession stuff about? :confused2: This is one of the things that turns me against organized religion. It is part of the "guilt trap" that all religions have in order to maintain control of their congregations.

I'm sorry if that upsets some people but religion and its collective rituals make absolutely no sense and works to turn people against each other. And you wonder why Catholic priests plook alter boys? Because it is not natural for human beings to take a vow of celibacy, that's why...it's not natural, and when you go against nature, you get perversion. The world has enough perverts as it is without organized religion creating more. Damnit!

Ahem...I fell much better now, thank you. :soapbox:

To some extent I agree with you CB, however a very good friend of mine is now a catholic priest. I respect him. Deans list GPA undergrad, then later, degree at Oxford in England. Smart guy.

Reason why I respect him so much is we used to do some BAD things together when we both used to drink hard when we were younger. He gave up drinking before me.

He (my buddy) first started working with the homeless people, then got into the catholic church. VERY down to earth guy.

We've had some very down to earth discussions on religion and faith, and I can pretty much assure you that he is not "perverted" in anyway (well, can we say that, and know that for certain about ANYONE?).

I really do respect his opinion, and if I lived in downtown Philly, I'd be going to his chuch just to deal with him. For myself, for right or wrong, I find the preist/pastor/minister makes the church, not the religion.

He is one reason why I have hope for the Catholic church (not that any Catholics would give a rats butt what I think of their religion).

Sir Knight

In John 20:21 before Jesus grants them the authority to forgive sins, Jesus says to the apostles, "as the Father sent me, so I send you." As Christ was sent by the Father to forgive sins, so Christ sends the apostles and their successors forgive sins.

Then in John 20:22 the Lord "breathes" on the apostles, and then gives them the power to forgive and retain sins. The only other moment in Scripture where God breathes on man is in Gen. 2:7, when the Lord "breathes" divine life into man. When this happens, a significant transformation takes place.

Finally in John 20:23 Jesus says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained." In order for the apostles to exercise this gift of forgiving sins, the penitents must orally confess their sins to them because the apostles are not mind readers. The text makes this very clear.

In Matt. 19:11-12 Jesus says celibacy is a gift from God and whoever can bear it SHOULD bear it. Jesus praises and recommends celibacy for full-time ministers in the Church. Because celibacy is a gift from God, those who criticize the Church's practice of celibacy are criticizing God and this wonderful gift He bestows on His chosen ones.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was talking with a Greek Orthodox follower today and she was actually asking about confession. Not that she opposed it, but was looking for some insight into the origins of it. Sir Knight handled that part. But there is another part of the sacrament of confession/reconciliation that is actually a very comforting thing. Those folks who do something bad, and feel guilty about it, be it a small or a large thing, can go to confession and speak openly about it to a priest. Many people find it to be a very uplifting experience. So rather than a "guilt thing" it is often considered to be a guilt reliever, something that takes a burden off your mind and helps you set yourself onto the right path again.

I think many folks are confused about confession.

dzalphakilo

Banned
In Matt. 19:11-12 Jesus says celibacy is a gift from God and whoever can bear it SHOULD bear it. Jesus praises and recommends celibacy for full-time ministers in the Church. Because celibacy is a gift from God, those who criticize the Church's practice of celibacy are criticizing God and this wonderful gift He bestows on His chosen ones.

I missed the scripture in the Bible where it mentions that the Catholic kingpin himself, the pope, can have girlfriends on the side for some late night booty calls :boobies:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I missed the scripture in the Bible where it mentions that the Catholic kingpin himself, the pope, can have girlfriends on the side for some late night booty calls :boobies:
Any man can be corrupted. I find it interesting that some people condemn an entire religion because of the actions of some of members or temporary leaders. Sort like the old saying "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water." The reality is there are problems and abuses of power, the reality also is that for every 1 individual who is corrupted, there are hundreds who set great examples for others. I think this can be said about religions, companies and governments.

Cityboy

Banned
In John 20:21 before Jesus grants them the authority to forgive sins, Jesus says to the apostles, "as the Father sent me, so I send you." As Christ was sent by the Father to forgive sins, so Christ sends the apostles and their successors forgive sins.

Then in John 20:22 the Lord "breathes" on the apostles, and then gives them the power to forgive and retain sins. The only other moment in Scripture where God breathes on man is in Gen. 2:7, when the Lord "breathes" divine life into man. When this happens, a significant transformation takes place.

Finally in John 20:23 Jesus says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained." In order for the apostles to exercise this gift of forgiving sins, the penitents must orally confess their sins to them because the apostles are not mind readers. The text makes this very clear.

Sir Knight,

I grew up with a bible quoting mother, so I've seen this before. Muslims can also point you to what they consider their "divine" scripture. Sorry, but it is completely illogical, and could have been written by anyone in order to attempt to control peoples behavior. You may choose to believe this scripture, and it is your right to believe it. However, you prove nothing by quoting it, and the fact is that you do not know if it is true, or a fairy tale. Believing is not knowing, and none of us knows what will happen to us when we die, which is the fear organized religion uses to control those who choose to believe it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sir Knight,

I grew up with a bible quoting mother, so I've seen this before. Muslims can also point you to what they consider their "divine" scripture. Sorry, but it is completely illogical, and could have been written by anyone in order to attempt to control peoples behavior. You may choose to believe this scripture, and it is your right to believe it. However, you prove nothing by quoting it, and the fact is that you do not know if it is true, or a fairy tale. Believing is not knowing, and none of us knows what will happen to us when we die, which is the fear organized religion uses to control those who choose to believe it.

It's all about 'Faith' CB.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Any man can be corrupted. I find it interesting that some people condemn an entire religion because of the actions of some of members or temporary leaders.

It's not the man who commits the sin, but the religious leaders who tolerates it, hides it, or ignores it.

With todays news sources and reporting, it's getting harder and harder to to hide.

Cityboy

Banned
It's all about 'Faith' CB.

I understand that Doc, but....you still don't KNOW. :respect:

Faith works in other areas of life beside religion. From Dictionary.com:

–noun 1.confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability. 2.belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

Cityboy

Banned
It's not the man who commits the sin, but the religious leaders who tolerates it, hides it, or ignores it.

With todays news sources and reporting, it's getting harder and harder to to hide.

:applause: That would have gotten you rep points, but the system said I have to spread the wealth. Good one, DZ. :thumb:

Geeze...We're agreeing way too much these days. :pat: :poke: :thumb:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it was just as easy to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar 500 years ago as it is today. The difference is that with today's technology the NEWS of the bad act is spread instantly. So Monica under Bill Clinton's desk is no different than Henry VIII's dalliances, but the 'peasants' today own computers and the internet transmits the DNA evidence at virtually the speed of light, while in good old Henry's day a town crier rode a horse from village to shire and it could take many months to disseminate the news.
Cityboy said:
I understand that Doc, but....you still don't KNOW.
It might be hard to convey to others, but with faith you do KNOW. The fact that your knowledge cannot be measured by science does not make it less of a truth. We accept as truths that there are 'black holes' that there is 'evolution' and that there is 'negative energy' but none of those truths have ever been proven either. Science accepts many truths that have never been proven, logically there is no reason to dismiss faith unless we also dismiss science.

:shit4:

Dont question His love of garlic! :yum:
Hell even I'll give you rep points for that. It is funny!

Cityboy

Banned
It might be hard to convey to others, but with faith you do KNOW. The fact that your knowledge cannot be measured by science does not make it less of a truth. We accept as truths that there are 'black holes' that there is 'evolution' and that there is 'negative energy' but none of those truths have ever been proven either. Science accepts many truths that have never been proven, logically there is no reason to dismiss faith unless we also dismiss science.

Not exactly. We accept theory as "plausible", not as fact. A scientist will readily admit that his "theory" is not fact.

I understand that you "think" you "know" because you have "fauth". I was taught the same thing in church and by my mother. But you do not know. The preacher I most respect admitted to me in a private conversation, that indeed, he did not KNOW what would actually happen when he died; now that is HONESTY. It is FEAR that makes people say they KNOW because they have "faith".

I'm not trying to shake anyones faith, but folks, you just don't know. What you call faith is simply "hope" for a desired outcome. The more I learn about life, human beings and organized religions of all kinds, the more I question it all. I think everyone should question their "faith". If you are afraid to question your own faith, then deep down you are really afraid to face the truth that you just do not know.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not exactly. We accept theory as "plausible", not as fact. A scientist will readily admit that his "theory" is not fact.
. . .
Yes, they do admit them to be "theory" but they build upon them with additional theories that depend upon the initial theory being fact. So in practice, the theories are treated as facts. If they were not treated as facts, then the additional building theories could not be developed with any level of certainty. Such is also the case with faith. Consequently if both are held to similar standards, both can be treated as fact or both can be dismissed.

Sir Knight

• It's not the man who commits the sin, but the religious leaders who tolerates it, hides it, or ignores it.

• :applause: That would have gotten you rep points, but the system said I have to spread the wealth. Good one, DZ. :thumb:

Geeze...We're agreeing way too much these days. :pat: :poke: :thumb:
  • I missed the scripture in the Bible where it mentions that the Catholic kingpin himself, the pope, can have girlfriends on the side for some late night booty calls :boobies:
I guess you also missed Matt. 23:2-3 where the Pharisees, who Jesus said were steeped in sin and even called them hypocrites and a brood of viper; still commanded the people to obey their teachings because despite their sins, their authority was valid and was to be obeyed showing that a person's own personal sinfulness does not minimize their teaching authority.

And I guess you also missed the passage that only those of us without sin, should cast the first stone.

Sir Knight

Sir Knight,

"Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have NOT seen and YET have believed." - John 20:29

dzalphakilo

Banned
And I guess you also missed the passage that only those of us without sin, should cast the first stone.

Yep, and I also missed the part where Jesus thought you should arm yourself with a gun (and again, my Catholic priest buddy would disagree with you, not me).

I arm myself because of the evil of men, and the Jesus I know would rather have me be in the kingdom of his father than to take another life to save my own. Not because of some Catholic or bible reading horse crap to justify your actions.

Radical Muslims do the same thing.

Off subject a little, however my point is the Bible is what you believe it to be, and you just proved my point Sir Knight.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Armour of God huh? Good for you. Hope it works out for you. Better than I at least. I was born again. You would now call me on da back slide.
God doesnt give you shit. You have to GET it. Pray? No. Do. Go out and DO. In the last 37 years of my life if He is my friend I dont want em.
Only wish you can live 1/100th of my live brother.
Now you will regard this as an attack of the enemy. A pet is always great when it loves you. But when the pet tears your couch up you still going to love it? Yea. I would. Not after 50 times. Then you start to think.

Sir Knight

Yep, and I also missed the part where Jesus thought you should arm yourself with a gun (and again, my Catholic priest buddy would disagree with you, not me).

I arm myself because of the evil of men, and the Jesus I know would rather have me be in the kingdom of his father than to take another life to save my own. Not because of some Catholic or bible reading horse crap to justify your actions.
Have your priest friend refresh his training by reading the Official Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church (specifically Part 3, Section II, Chapter 2, Article V, Paragraphs 2264-2265) with regards to not only our right but GRAVE duty to defend ourselves and other innocent individuals from death & serious bodily injury.

I also suggest that you both read Luke 22:36-38 (cf. 2 Corinthians 11:26-27) where you will see that Jesus revealed to His disciples the future hostility they would face and encouraged them to sell their outer garments in order to buy a sword -- here the "sword" (Greek: maxairan) is a dagger or short sword that belonged to the Jewish traveler's equipment as protection against robbers and wild animals. A plain reading of the passage indicates that Jesus approved of self-defense.

And, finally, if there is still doubt, from the Vatican's Web site ...

... In a world marked by evil, the right of legitimate defense by means of arms EXISTS ...

Radical Muslims do the same thing.
They follow the teachings of the bible? That's a new one on me.

Off subject a little, however my point is the Bible is what you believe it to be, and you just proved my point Sir Knight.
The bible is what it is. There may be many interpretations of it but only one correct one.

Last edited:

Sir Knight

Armour of God huh? Good for you. Hope it works out for you. Better than I at least. I was born again. You would now call me on da back slide.
God doesnt give you shit. You have to GET it. Pray? No. Do. Go out and DO. In the last 37 years of my life if He is my friend I dont want em.
Only wish you can live 1/100th of my live brother.
Now you will regard this as an attack of the enemy. A pet is always great when it loves you. But when the pet tears your couch up you still going to love it? Yea. I would. Not after 50 times. Then you start to think.
:confused2: I can not comment one way or the other because I have no clue as to what you just said.:confused:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
ahhhhhh.... read it again. SLOW-LY. :smileywac

The bible is what it is. There may be many interpretations of it but only one correct one.

I know. Its yours that is correct. They ALL say its correct. Prove it man!:pirate:

dzalphakilo

Banned
Yes, Sir Knight, I'm sure you know more about the Catholic church than my friend, the Catholic priest, I'll give you that.

No matter what I say, in your own belief, I am wrong or a lost soul of some sort or whatever. Honestly, when were both six feet under, we shall see where we both end up.

I'm very certain many men who knew the Bible "inside and out" ended up in hell.

The Catholics remind me a lot like the Baptists down here.

By the way, the Muslims read the Koran. It's how they interpret the Koran and convince others that war is the only way.

What do you know, the Christains have done the same thing.

Too bad the Catholics throughout history did not have your fine upstanding beliefs in the Bible. Throughout their (Catholics) abuse of religion for their own power, so many other religions wouldn't of come into being. What a shame.

dzalphakilo

Banned
No man. You SHOOT the asshole.:pat:

No crap butthole:D

My point being that although I realize I may run the risk of going to hell as I know it for taking a life, I will do so to protect mine (life) or my loved ones agaisnt those evil men who would want to do me or my loved ones harm.

Honestly, fact is I think I'm going to hell anyway for what I've done in my past, so what the fu*K.

My only saving thoughts are those men in the Bible who had done numerous wrongs only to find the way of the Lord.

Personally I find the "holier than though" Bible quoting "because my religion is right" like Sir Knight, like those same men of religious beliefs than Jesus had to confront.

Only my opinion of course.

Sir Knight

I know. Its yours that is correct. They ALL say its correct. Prove it man!:pirate:
Scripture has it that the CHURCH is the pillar of faith and the fountain of truth. If "truth" springs forth from it, then it can not contain false teaching. If my interpretation is in union with the church, then it is correct.