• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got the new toy home today! Outdrive rehab-repair

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Beth and I mabe a guick trip to MN this weekend to pick up the new boat! 19 hrs round trip 1,300 miles.:4_11_9: FAST trip:coolshade. It was a good ride!!

The boat I was pleased with and hope to get it repaired soon and in the water!! Here are some better pics of the boat. Repair to follow. :)

Attachments

• 100_3256.jpg
    100_3256.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_3259.jpg
    100_3259.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_3262.jpg
    100_3262.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_3264.jpg
    100_3264.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 126

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Gimbel bearing went out as far as I can see, and tore up the transom plate. So I will need a new one of those and the lower gear case is in pieces, so I will need that also. The guy was not totally truthfull so I hope I do not find to many more surprises. The lower unit was disassembled and does not look like it hit a rock at all. I suspect the Gimbel bearing went out and he turned it into insurance saying he hit a rock with it. (and we wonder why ins is so high????:pat: ) It came with three stainless steel props and none of them had hit a rock..... Unit was already disassembled so I do not have pics of that but I will start now!!:thumb:

Attachments

• 100_3265.jpg
    100_3265.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_3266.jpg
    100_3266.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_3271.jpg
    100_3271.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_3269.jpg
    100_3269.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
The boat was in Mason City IA. I picked it up By Luverne MN at my parents house. Dad went and picked it up for me!!! I wish I was retired and had all the time in the world!!!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The boat looks good. Hopefully it won't cost a fortune to fix. Gimble bearings and housing can get expensive. I had mine replaced and it was close to 1000 with labor. The part added up to 700 if I remember right.
I'm sure you will find a few other little things ... but overall the boat looks GOOD!!!

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice looking boat :thumb:

Looks like it even matches your truck....Big Al will be proud of you :)

Hope the repair goes well.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well update!!!!! I got the boat out on the water for the first time today!!!! Well I was impressed!! Other than a few small things left to fix that I found It worked great!!
Wife had the camera so no pics. The last owner said the motor was massaged a little I think he was telling the truth!! I still need to re prop for the elevation but the boat ran about 55mph at about 4000rpm MAN THIS THING WILL HAUL A$$!!! Beats the crap out of the old Bayliner!!! I took my time and found the parts reasonable so I got it fixed for about $1500 not bad for a $4000 total investment. See you on the water!!!:thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome MB. You got the best boat deal I've heard of yet. :thumb: :tiphat: