• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GOP analyst: Bush, Romney, Huckabee & Paul with be the final options

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting analysis, according to Glen Beck's show, and I'm not a fan of that show, a top GOP analyst is claiming that there are really 4 viable GOP candidates and that no matter how many are in the primary, the final 4 will be: Gov Jeb Bush, Gov Mitt Romney, Gov Huckabee and Sen Rand Paul.

Huckabee will retain the Christian vote and raise enough to be viable.
Paul will get the libertarian wing and raise money from big Silicon Valley donors.
Both Bush & Romney will get big donors due to name, Bush will lose out because he is "out of step" on issues like Common Core and others. Romney will just lose out overall but will have enough money to stay up through the final 4.

LINK => http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...gop-primary-will-come-down-to-these-four-men/

Glenn Beck recently had a conversation with someone he described as a trusted source in politics, and someone his audience would “really look up to.” Beck said he couldn’t reveal the man’s name, but the man gave him a “bleak point of view” on who the GOP primary will come down to in 2016.

As Beck’s source sees it, the “final four standing” will be former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

“I don’t think this is necessarily accurate, but he made a compelling case,” Beck said on his radio program. “This is a guy who is very involved in politics and very involved in the way things operate.”

Beck’s source said that if Romney runs, his fundraising abilities and name recognition will ensure he stays in the race. Bush also has a recognizable name, but the man said “if it comes down to Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney, Mitt Romney will get it because Jeb Bush is so out of step with Common Core, immigration, and everything else.”

“He believes that Rand Paul is different enough to be able to make a stand. He’ll also be able to raise the money through Silicon Valley and some other people,” Beck continued. “However, he believes that Rand Paul — and I may agree with him on this — has been confusing at best on his policies. And I talked to a big-time Libertarian as well. … And I said, ‘So, what do you think about Rand Paul?’ And he said ‘No. … He’s confusing. Is he his dad or is he not his dad? What are his policies? … I don’t know if he’s a Libertarian like me or not.’”

Beck’s source believes Huckabee will remain in the race because there will be “enough money and enough Christians that get together and say, ‘we have to have a good Christian man and Romney is not the man for that.’”

. . .

“The problem with this is, that it’s the same theory we go into the primaries with every time,” Gray continued. “The primary is the time you find the conservative. The primary is the time you find the right guy, not the guy we’ll throw out because it’s the best we can do. You find the right guy.”

But Beck’s source said “the primary is decided by the money people … so you don’t really get the chance to make that decision.”

“Now, I brought up people like [Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker],” Beck added. “He said to me, ‘Walker doesn’t have the name recognition. Glenn, this is going to take a ton of money and it will happen really fast. Because they changed the primaries, because everybody loaded it up at the front, it gives a nobody or a virtual unknown less time to be able to push it through. … The GOP decided that what killed them last time was 18 people just killing each other for a three-year period.”

“They’re doing everything they can to get to a candidate as quickly as they can, and coalesce around that candidate as quickly as they can,” Beck concluded.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bush and Romney are having a meeting in the near future. The outcome of that meeting will who runs for President and who will be Vice-President. Huckabee will never get the nomination. Rand will be viable candidate because of all the television exposure he gets and the money he can raise. So, in the end, your choices, as they stand at the moment, will be Bush/Romney or Rand.

Unless the Democrats continue to screw thing up for the next two years, I don't know if the chances of getting a Republican president are all that good. I hope that I'm wrong.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Bush and Romney are having a meeting in the near future. The outcome of that meeting will who runs for President and who will be Vice-President. Huckabee will never get the nomination. Rand will be viable candidate because of all the television exposure he gets and the money he can raise. So, in the end, your choices, as they stand at the moment, will be Bush/Romney or Rand.

Unless the Democrats continue to screw thing up for the next two years, I don't know if the chances of getting a Republican president are all that good. I hope that I'm wrong.

There's a very good chance the Dems will continue to screw it up. Their current (apparent) front-runners are Clitler and Fauxcahontas - we should be able to come up with someone able to beat that!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
There's a very good chance the Dems will continue to screw it up. Their current (apparent) front-runners are Clitler and Fauxcahontas - we should be able to come up with someone able to beat that!

Yea DS, I hope that you're right but I think we all said that the wunderkinder wouldn't be elected for a second term but we were all wrong. We were wrong because the Republicans wouldn't and didn't turn out to vote for Romney. Hell, they wouldn't even turn out to vote AGAINST Obama.

mak2

I think the Republicans are going to have to find someone that can make the trasnsistion from the far right candidate to get nominated by the Party, and then the nominee will have to swing way left to have any chance of winning a national election. I dont think any of the four above, possibly with the exception of Bush, can do that. I do think many conservatives think he is too liberal already. So I dunno, but I do know I will not vote for Hillary, ever.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A Romney / Bush ticket would be tough to beat. (If that ever happens) Romney has already shown he can raise money. I believe he even out raised OBlummbo in 2012 or certainly came close. No small feat going against the perrenial fund raiser.

The Republicans will need a candidate that can raise huge sums of money because Clitery certainly will. Some estimates are in the 2 Billion range. That is huge.

Kane

So I dunno, but I do know I will not vote for Hillary, ever.
Maybe there's hope for you yet. Maybe.

But if not Hillary, would you vote for one of those evil conservatives if he seemed like he'd make a good president?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the Republicans are going to have to find someone that can make the trasnsistion from the far right candidate to get nominated by the Party, and then the nominee will have to swing way left to have any chance of winning a national election. I dont think any of the four above, possibly with the exception of Bush, can do that. I do think many conservatives think he is too liberal already. So I dunno, but I do know I will not vote for Hillary, ever.

Well said Mak. I agree.
I dare say if the above holds true chances are it will be a dem winning the WH in 16.
I do think Kasich (gov of Ohio) might be able to shake things up and be a fresh face on the horizon that might be able to give hillary a run for the WH.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Problem is, the Repubs tried running with left leaning candidates and were not successful. Can anybody say Dole, McCain? Even Romney to a degree. If the Republicans are going to win the White House, they need to have a conservative candidate that will hold true to the policies of Conservatism. Not some wishy washy Democrat liberal wannabee or RHINO if you will.

I am glad Mak that even you see the fallacy and utter ineptness of a Billery presidency. She at least has more balls then the Annointed One, I will give her that.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have been saying for a long time now that Romney will run for a third time, and he might just win. Remember that Reagan ran for President three times before he won and he name Bush VP. I see the same thing with Romney and that is why he had the meeting with Bush.

Now that said, I would not be happy with that ticket as we would have two big fat azz RINO's in office. Bush is for amnesty and Romney is for obamacare. I just can't get excited about republicans holding all three branches of government when there are to many weak kneed jelly fish amongst them.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Problem is, the Repubs tried running with left leaning candidates and were not successful. Can anybody say Dole, McCain? Even Romney to a degree. If the Republicans are going to win the White House, they need to have a conservative candidate that will hold true to the policies of Conservatism. Not some wishy washy Democrat liberal wannabee or RHINO if you will.

I am glad Mak that even you see the fallacy and utter ineptness of a Billery presidency. She at least has more balls then the Annointed One, I will give her that.
I'm more the opposite TR. G. W. Bush is the exception to the candidates you named. I don't feel a Tea Party candidate or far Right candidate can win. I think they have to lean a little towards the middle to get that ever important independent / undecided vote.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'm more the opposite TR. G. W. Bush is the exception to the candidates you named. I don't feel a Tea Party candidate or far Right candidate can win. I think they have to lean a little towards the middle to get that ever important independent / undecided vote.

And that is why Romney will get the nod again. His first campaign was a disaster. His second was OK, he won all three debates with obama and now the people know that what he predicted in those debates has come true. The people know this and will vote for him a third time. And, also, I think the people are tired of having a Bush in the office of President.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Romney would be 1000% improvment over what we have now. I wish he had won in 2012. He's a smart dude, a great manger. His weakness is his personality on the campaign trail. I do hope your are right Mr. L but I'm afraid he'd go down for the third time. How anyone could lose to Obama in 12 with his horrible record still bothers me.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I think Romney would be 1000% improvment over what we have now. I wish he had won in 2012. He's a smart dude, a great manger. His weakness is his personality on the campaign trail. I do hope your are right Mr. L but I'm afraid he'd go down for the third time. How anyone could lose to Obama in 12 with his horrible record still bothers me.

Agreed.

Bamby

For most Americans, the shadow hasn’t passed at all, and the crisis certainly hasn’t. And hollow promises to help the middle class are not going to change anything about that. It’s an elite game, and all others are left to fend for themselves. For now all that remains hidden behind the veil is that over 50% of Americans receiving some kind of government benefit, but that won’t last. We may have some idea of how much richer the rich are getting, and even that is a stretch, but we have little idea of how much the poor got poorer.

The President, would rather hail his ‘achievements as prepared and blown out of all proportions by his spin team. His political ‘adversaries’, who play their role of ‘hating’ him only halfway convincingly, won’t call him on the spin, because they have nothing to gain from trying to blow up the newfangled American Dream.

Their message looking forward to the 2016 elections is that they would do even better, but that doesn’t sound credible with the 5% GDP growth and 5.2% unemployment numbers the White House pulls out of its top hat. They’re just as dependent on spin as Obama is, and he trumped them on it. What are they going to do? Promise 10% GDP growth?

The GOP will look to drastically cut those benefits, and they know full well that that would cut growth numbers, not raise them. 5% growth is already so far out of left field that Obama’s spin doctors have the other side cornered on US economy. But domestically, economically, and internationally, it’s back to the drawing board for the Grand Old Elephants all the time, they’re always a step behind. Must be frustrating. The Obama people have played them as much as they have played the American people.

Who, as should be obvious by now, have nothing to expect from either side, since both owe allegiance not to the flag or the Founding Fathers, but to the rich getting richer who fund them, without whom they’d have to give up their power plays and dreams. Something a certain kind of people will resist at any price. The kind that float to the top of this kind of cesspool.

Allow money into politics and the former will end up owning the latter, no exceptions. Money won’t support candidates with a conscience, only those who’ll do anything to advance their careers, who are as pliable as and spineless as a wet noodle, and those are all that will be left. If anything typifies American politics, it’s moral bankruptcy. One dollar one vote. 100 million dollars, 100 million votes. And then they insist on calling that democracy, a concept promoted by the media purchased the same way the politicians are.

All you need to do is get people to believe whatever it is you got for sale. And 99.9% of people are easily fooled. That’s how you define democracy in 2015, how many people can you fool? Which is the most convincing sleight of hand?

Well, I can guarantee you it’ll get a lot worse before it gets any better. We’ve let the clowns come too far. Way too far.

Last edited:

mak2

I would vote for a Kane/Jev ticket if I thought you two would be a good President and Vice.
Maybe there's hope for you yet. Maybe.

But if not Hillary, would you vote for one of those evil conservatives if he seemed like he'd make a good president?

Kane

I would vote for a Kane/Jev ticket if I thought you two would be a good President and Vice.

Excellent choice. In due time, the planet would be a much better place ... rid of sloth and evil ... with America restored to her place in the world.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Excellent choice. In due time, the planet would be a much better place ... rid of sloth and evil ... with America restored to her place in the world.

You guys going to be able to raise any $$$? Gonna take 2 Billion to keep up with with the Tom Steyr / George Soros / Hollywood / Academia financed Clitery.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a legitimate birth certificate from my place of birth, as well as 4 years of military discipline and an honorable discharge in my resume, along with 30+ years of management experience and business ownership. My SS card is from the place of my birth, and I have nothing to hide from my youth and college years. I steered clear of drug usage my entire life, and aside from enjoying a cigar now and then, don't have any bad habits (unless you call heterosexual sex with the same woman my entire life a bad habit...some would!)

I would make a lousy candidate because I don't suffer fools, morons, the lazy or those who wish to do harm to babies (abortion advocates) just because the woman made a piss poor choice and slept with some ass hole just to get her rocks off, or believed his profession of love if she opened her legs for him.

The last nail in my political coffin is that I'm not a lawyer, nor aspire to become one.

Kane would need another running mate, but I would support his candidacy.