• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow on May 13th?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They are calling for snow Sunday night into Monday morning. Temps Monday night dipping into the mid 20's. Will cover the strawberries and herbs but flowers and fruit trees will probably take a beating.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey it's that Global WARMING! :snow2_smi:

tpdssikk.gif

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I finely gave up waiting for the yard to dry out..and mowed....dam stuf was 8 or 10 in.high!!!!we have had snow and rain for days...last night it droped down into low 30s.......Wish global warming would warm us up a bit!!!!!!!:sad:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Frost in my yard the early AM. Hopefully the fruit trees are not damaged again this year. Tonight won't be much better. 90's on Tuesday...Crazy for any year, but especially fallowing a hot drough year here anyway..

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We just had some sleet bouncing about 20 min. ago. Now the sun is shining. Windy as can be and really need the winter coat as the sweatshirt was not heavy enough when I put wood in the boiler.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's 52 and cloudy here right now, but expecting a frost warning and 34 overnight.

Leni

The weather around here has been anything but normal. We should be in the 70's in May and then June Gloom next month. That's when we get a lot of on-shore breezes. It will be overcast in the morning until mid-afternoon. Then it warms up. This is when we change clothes at least twice a day as the weather changes.

It should be a dry heat but we do have scattered clouds. Later the humidity will go down to single digits if it records at all. Fire season at it's best.

We stopped by the garden on the way home and watered. Also watered our neighbors gardens as everything looked dry. This is the kind of heat where you can water in the morning and even though it's still damp, the plants wilt from the heat. They perk up as the temperature goes down in the evening.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Just wondering.....Leni......why not have your garden at the house....zoneing laws? seems un handy to have it somewhere else.......:neutral:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have some pics I took from teller .the battery's however died in the camera last night by the time I got home. found my self driving through 30 miles of fog and when I popped out my truck looked like a tower on a mountain top with all the ice growing off of it the snow in teller was as high as my mirrors on the doors of the truck and the temp today is still around freezing i'm starting to expect not to see a summer. Al Gore kiss my A$$

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting lake effect snow tonight. Turned the grill and cars white. Late news showed pictures of the sleet covering the streets in Horseheads which is about 40 miles east of here. Even colder tomorrow night and then jump back close to normal by Wednesday.:hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowed here a few times yesterday. I covered the veggie plants (and will keep them covered until tomorrow). Light frost last night.

Forgot to cover the strawberries. :(

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it was 20n degrees this morning the north wind finally died so it feels better than last night what crappy weather. you guys have been listening to me Bitch for years how global warming is bull now you all are seeing it. get ready for global cooling.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ava MO hit 35 degrees Saturday morning. An official record in Springfield MO of 37F.

We were colder on the mountain top. No snow, just cold!!!!!!!!

Monday or Tuesday it will reach 90 F.

On the bright side, the three year drought seems to be broken. We lost a lot of our trees, especially in the logged over region of our land. But this year the soil is saturated, the pastures are verdent and the creek is flowing full and cold from the springs.

Leni

Just wondering.....Leni......why not have your garden at the house....zoneing laws? seems un handy to have it somewhere else.......:neutral:

We have a lot growing here at home also. My herb garden is just outside my kitchen. We've planted a lot of tomatoes here along with Swiss chard, garlic and lettuce. My boysenberries are here along with an apricot tree, nectrine, donut peaches and a Satsuma plum.

The veggie garden is in a community garden complex. It is the largest one in the US with almost 900 plots. A plot is 10 X 20. At one time we had eight of them but have cut back to just three. This is where I grow beans, tomatoes, onions, black berries, peppers, and good old zucchini. It is as much for the fellowship as it is for the space. I've been there 36 years and many of the gardeners close to me have been there even longer. A large part of it is a park with a large rose and a cactus garden. It has a building with restrooms and a community meeting room that hosts a lot of garden clubs. The total area is close to 20 acres.

Right around the corner is a farm stand that has wonderful strawberries along with other great produce.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a lot growing here at home also. My herb garden is just outside my kitchen. We've planted a lot of tomatoes here along with Swiss chard, garlic and lettuce. My boysenberries are here along with an apricot tree, nectrine, donut peaches and a Satsuma plum.

The veggie garden is in a community garden complex. It is the largest one in the US with almost 900 plots. A plot is 10 X 20. At one time we had eight of them but have cut back to just three. This is where I grow beans, tomatoes, onions, black berries, peppers, and good old zucchini. It is as much for the fellowship as it is for the space. I've been there 36 years and many of the gardeners close to me have been there even longer. A large part of it is a park with a large rose and a cactus garden. It has a building with restrooms and a community meeting room that hosts a lot of garden clubs. The total area is close to 20 acres.

Right around the corner is a farm stand that has wonderful strawberries along with other great produce.

Leni, You live in one of the best produce growing areas in the world.

I'm so envious!

We have a garden for employees behind the factory. I had to import soil from IOWA so something would grow. It is 24' X 24'

My city yard has insufficient sunlight for most things. But, my attached little green house does herbs, some maters and lettuce during winter.

Leni

At one time the entire Valley was farm land and orchards. The Army Corps of Engineers built the dam and flood control basin. It is their land and the City leases it. No buildings can be built in the basin. We are on the edge of it where it does not flood. The soil is part of the river flood plain and had a lot of clay in it before we added amendments. In the days before the dam was built the Los Angeles river would wander all over the valley taking homes with it.

Where are you located?