• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Word from Me

Trakternut

Hi All!
Just joined this forum today. Looking forward to chatting here.
I'm into antique farm tractors and stationary engines as well as a bit of fishing and doing other garage/shop-type stuff.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Trakternut said:
Hi All!
Just joined this forum today. Looking forward to chatting here.
I'm into antique farm tractors and stationary engines as well as a bit of fishing and doing other garage/shop-type stuff.

Welcome to FF. We're glad to see new members come in and contribute.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to meet anohter tractor guy. I'm an Oliver fan (I like the Fleetlines, Supers, etc). I've played with old Fords, ACs, and Farmalls but love the Ollie. Never played with any of the old JDs. I don't know why.

Welcome to the forums! Look around, we get into lots of topics. The debates get heated when politics come up. Many here are rural dwellers, many have modern compact tractors. And we have a large group of Snowcat owners who frequent the forums, in fact we are the most active Snowcat forum on the internet that I am aware of.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Trakternut; It's good to see a new member jump right in. I've got one of those BLUE tractors, my second one. I like the old machines too, at one time they were new, when I rode them!! Like Bob said, we've got a lot of different topics, and some do get hot. But we all stick around anyway, nothing wrong with a little adult disagreement.:tiphat::beer::beer:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome Trakternut, hope you like to talk about different subjects as most of us do. Some of us (mtntopper) actually do use a snow cats for real transportation out of necesssity......

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
Some of us (mtntopper) actually do use a snow cats for real transportation out of necesssity......

Yea, but the rest of us make fun of you anyway!:whistle:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Trakternut! Glad you found our corner on the web. We have a thread in the tractor area where you can show off your old iron. As a member here you also have access to the photo gallery where you can post higher resolution pics up to 2 megs. Hope you enjoy the forums and post often.
:thumb:

Trakternut

sadly, I actually don't own any tractors, except for a Husky (MTD-Built) that I'm trying to get runnin'. I grew up on the old 2-cyl. JD's, so they have sentimental value to me. Hope to own one some day.
Thank-you for the welcomes. I'm no big follower of politics as I believe that they're all nutz and on the take, no matter the party. I vote for the man, not the party. Not much to vote for in these later years, I'm afraid.:puke1:
I'll post to whatever gets my fancy, no matter the subject or if I even know anything worth passing on.:fart2:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Good to see you Trakternut! And I always thought the only good thing to come out of ND was I29.:whistle: :D

Don't have any stationarys, but I do like pre1940's....and pretty much any tractor. No 2 cylinders here [mostly Farmall], but the FIL has a couple I get to play with on occasion.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome Trakternut! :tiphat:

Please excuse some of the previous posts. Most people know that we have two interstates here.:pat:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
REDDOGTWO said:
Please excuse some of the previous posts. Most people know that we have two interstates here

But 94 takes you to Montana or Minnesota. :yum:

Oh, Oh, I better stuff a sock in it - I think Murph's wife is still planning to hurt me since I last teased our northern neighbors; now he'll probably drive her here to do it! :beer:

[fact] Actually, I was in ND a few weeks ago [end fact] and they were explaining to me why birds fly upside-down while crossing SD.....:eek:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice to know that someone else has stationery engines. I have a Lister L, 1929, but I don't do anything with it now. I used to take it to the odd rally (locally), but got rather bored just sitting with it - much more fun to take something larger to play with.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
A Lister: :coolshade

So what do you play with? I'm partial to the thresher; I love how fast city folk get tired of pitching bundles! :D

Someday, I think steam would be fun, but $$$$ say: someday at best. :(

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
REDDOGTWO said:
Welcome Trakternut! :tiphat:

Please excuse some of the previous posts. Most people know that we have two interstates here.:pat:

No SD jokes? I feel deprived. :beer: (and for the next half hour or so, I mean that smilie litterally :whistle: ).