• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Craftsman vs Husky vs Kolbalt

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I once knew a husky girl who like to wear kobalt blue but she was no craftsman. :D

Sush what kind of tool are you after? Craftsman has some tools made by other companies, but most of their tools are good.
Husky makes mowers and chain saws that I know of. Maybe weed eaters to.
I've never used a Kolbalt tool.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Any of them should be fine for homeowner use.
Sears has better sales and a better selection in their stores.

Craftsman (Sears) and Kobalt (Lowes) are pretty easy to get warranty replacements on.
Not sure who sells Husky these days - Home Despot?

Doc, Husky is an actual brand name.
Husky Chainsaws are actually Husqvarna - although the models you see at Lowe's and most farm stores are actually just Orange colored Poulan's.

jwstewar

I have mostly Craftsman stuff. For me they do OK. I've bought a few Odds & End Kobalt. I like them better than the Craftsman and usually a tad cheaper. Though if you are looking for a bigger complete set, you can't beat the deal that Sears will sometimes have. I bought a set to have in the house garage. It was something like 154 piece set with rachets, sockets, extensions, and wrenches for something like $99 last year. Nice set to keep me from having to run to the barn all of the time.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd buy Craftsman. They nromally have some socket sets on sale.

I thought he meant Husqvarna :hide:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
no worries - I have a Craftsman (made by Poulan) and a Husquvarna chainsaw (not made by Poulan) so I understand the confusion.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just to add to the confusion, there's Husky, Husqvarna and Huskee. All different brands but all referred to as "Husky".

Although I have limited experience with Husky (Home Depot?) and Kobalt, I can say that if it doesn't have a motor (e.g. power saw), you can't go wrong with Craftsman for hand tools. Their power equipment pretty much sucks, with the possible exception of their cordless drills in which you get a lot of bang-for-your-buck.

jwstewar

Just to add to the confusion, there's Husky, Husqvarna and Huskee. All different brands but all referred to as "Husky".

Although I have limited experience with Husky (Home Depot?) and Kobalt, I can say that if it doesn't have a motor (e.g. power saw), you can't go wrong with Craftsman for hand tools. Their power equipment pretty much sucks, with the possible exception of their cordless drills in which you get a lot of bang-for-your-buck.

That is pretty much what I say, if it is a Craftsman and has a motor, I don't want it. Thought I do have a Craftsman lawn mower, a Craftsman Drill Press (mediocre at best), small band saw (under powered), and a Craftsman Professional Table Saw (fence and guard suck, motor bracket bent).