• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Yesterday was a great day!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well we finally got a great weather day in W PA. I was going to go to the gun show but I'm pretty glad I got diverted. MIL called about 8AM and asked if I'd haul some gravel for one of their rentals. I ended up delivering and spreading 2 loads of 2B. Got home and the wife was ready to go to the show but I said it's too nice a day, lets work around the house.

I fired up the tractor and commenced to finish digging out for the garage and spreading the fill on a mud hole on one of the right-ways.

BIL called and wanted to use the log splitter, fired up the Honda 450EX and took it to the farm, blew a tire on the way, fixed it when I went to bring it back.

Put the BH on the tractor and dug out 3 stumps at my place and 6 more at another rental of my FIL's.

Put the trailer on the Kaw Brute Force for the wife to pick up sticks and chit around the house.

Got her tractor out, fixed a tire and got it ready for HER season. Fired up the leaf blower and put it on HER back .... :biggrin:

Fixed a leaky hose roll (o-ring), took a little fit cause I couldn't find my snap ring pliers ....... :glare:.

Clipped the wings on the macaws.

Shot a mag through each of the 2 new AR builds.

Took the Kaw for a ride to check some of the deer traps the game commission has on the property.

Threw sticks for the dogs to finish the day at the house around 7PM.

Cheryl and I went for a nice supper at the newly refurbished CC and I ended up seeing my old high school baseball coach I haven't seen in over 25 years.

Picked up the rental car for my trip to Reading this week.

Great night of sleep!

I can't tell you how great it was to just get outside and work. I got to run damn near all the toys and spent over 6 hours on the tractor ........ :thumb: Yesterday was productive and FUN. Days like that are truly living at it's best!

Just sharing ............. :clap:

Trakternut

Damn! BD! :doh: You lucky SOB! Wish I was you. It sounded like one of those rare days that are most memorable. Hope you have more like that. Who needs therapy when ya got tractors and projects............well................:shifty:..............dunno if ANY kind of therapy will help YOU, :doh: but...................

:smile:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Ok, your day was more productive - but I got to help their dad teach 3 of my 4 godchildren how to fish on the pond out in my pasture.
I apparently have an abundance of 3-5" bass and green sunfish, with a smattering if eating sized ones - at least of the ones dumb enough to hit hooks when surrounded by yelling and screaming children. ;)

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
A good day on the tractor, and a good day on the pond? I had a rainy day when I was supposed plant the garden! You guys had already monopolized all the fun!

Friday though, I got magneto parts [actually I put a rebuilt on, still have to tear open the original and see if the coil is good]! So I had that McCormick Deering running smooth enough to set the governor and weld up some linkage, so did get a little seat time driving from the garage to the shed and back. :mrgreen:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, that does sound like a good day Dawg!!!!!! :beer:

I was thinking of asking you if you had much work for your dump truck. Sounds like you are keeping it busy. Have you learned how to dump an even spread on the driveway? Looks like it's all in the tailgate adjustment and driving speed, but I've only watched never tried it myself.

Trakternut

You're right, Doc, how the chains are set and the speed makes all the difference. If the ground's even, I liked to spread at higher speeds. Seemed to make it smoother than slow speed with the tailgate chained tighter.
Sometimes, when our blade was on the job, I'd just open the gate and speed dump with no chains set. Pretty tricky on uneven ground though.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
There you are Trakternut!

Thought maybe with BD and Erik monopolizing all the fun, maybe the Law of Conservation of Fun caught you on the wrong end and you wound up like I do too often: too busy with monotonous work to stop in here.

Good to see you're alive and kick'n!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've mastered the chain setting and dumping even is a piece of cake if you have room for a starting run and a rope on the gate release .......... old school.

Now if I have to spread without the luxury of a run, I will say my starting dumps are minimal (very little spreading required). It does get a little tricky on manipulating the dump when doing a broken dump (not all at once). The clutch has to be out for the PTO to raise the bed. Clutch, speed, and dump all while having to watch not to take a awning, power line or branch off 14 feet above you .... :yum: