• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Duct Tape Mailbox Repair

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Out this afternoon plowing snow off the driveway and it was going so well that I decided to clear some snow from the street too. Figured I'd clear the area by the mailbox. Not sure how :whistling: but the front bucket somehow jumped off the front of the tractor, smacked the mailbox, and then magically jumped back on the tractor. Its one of the plastic mailboxes where the post is plastic and its attached to the mailbox in one big unit. The whole thing is mounted on a pressure treated 4x4. Well it was mounted on the 4x4 until the bucket smacked it.

Some duct tape wrapped around the whole thing stuck it back on the post. The 'fix' will have to hold until the snow stops and the weather warms. Being plastic it actually didn't break, but the screws that held it onto the post simply slipped out. It will go back together, eventually.

Somehow I figure that I be hearing "you know you're a hillbilly when" jokes around the neighborhood.

jwstewar

At least you were able to duct tape your's back, when the garbage man blew ours up I had to replace it as it was laying all over the road.

Let me explain the garbage man joke. We joke it was the garbage man because it was shortly after Christmas and we had been having an extraordinary amount of trash for 3 or 4 weeks. We figure he was just pissed at us and was seeking a little revenge.:unsure:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Not sure how :whistling: but the front bucket somehow jumped off the front of the tractor, smacked the mailbox, and then magically jumped back on the tractor. Its one of the plastic mailboxes where the post is plastic and its attached to the mailbox in one big unit.
I feel your pain here...except the mailbox jumped out and struck the front of my van as I drove passed it :shock: The bumper looks awful.....It didn't dawn on me to use duck tape the cover it. I could even spray paint the duck tape the same color as my van :thumb:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hell Bob, if you can't fix it with duct tape, it ain't broke .... hit it again!!!!!:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

My sympathies go out to you. I lost a section of fence the very same way, only there was no snow involved so I had absolutely no excuse what-so-ever.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had something like that occur to me as well. The difference was it was my tractor bucket but the neighbor's mailbox. The damage was nominal so he said not to worry about it.

We've had issues in the past with kids driving by late at night smashing mailboxes. They got my neighbors box. He then bought (like the rest of us already have) a Postmaster Ironside. They're 20# of steel and will darn near break a baseball bat if you hit it with one (or at least send a shock-wave up the batters arm that will hurt like hell). Well, he put duct tape on his making it then look like his old plastic one with a duct tape repair and therefore a target for those that may come by again to hit it with a bat.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
You must have you used this kind, I can't even see the repair from my house...:whistling:

Attachments

• CDT80CAM3-2_2.jpg
    CDT80CAM3-2_2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 32