• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

aircast

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Two years ago, I was injured at work. I work in a plywood mill. There are 14,000lb lift trucks driving around all over the place in the mill and some places don't have much room for them to turn. Well, I was walking back to my jobsite in the mill when one of the liftrucks turned in to the trimsaw to grab an 8 ft load of trimmed plywood. As it turned, the back right wheel(which angle to turn the liftruck) basically climbed over the back of my right ankle throwing me to the ground and pushing me about 5 ft on the floor before it stopped. It didn't break my ankle but basically tore every muscle and tendon. I was back at work the next day after being rushed to the hospital by ambulance.

Two years later, I'm still having major problems with the ankle. I've got to wear an aircast at home to give my ankle a break. after walking on it for extended periods without the cast, my ankle and foot is all swollen and feels like someone stabbed a knife right through it. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with these aircasts. The one I have is like the one in the picture which is ok around the house but I can't sleep with it on. When I get up each morning, I dread taking that first step as I usually can't feel my foot which is followed very quickly by a sharp burning pain as soon as my foot hits the floor. Is there anything that I could possibly use at night while I'm sleeping to ease the pain and provide support to my ankle?

Attachments

• fp_walker.jpg
    fp_walker.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 133

benspawpaw

are you sure it is ok to wear that thing to bed?i broke my foot a few years back and had one kinda like that one but was told not to wear it to bed.try the herb comfrey for broken bones i have used it and it helps heal faster

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't wear it to bed. I was just doing some research and noticed there are some that are designed to be worn at night when you're asleep. I wish it was broken. I've had broken bones before and they've healed up but the long term problems come from muscle/tissue damage.

benspawpaw

let me suggest a product that mt wife and i both use i have bad pain in my feet and legs because i have been a diabetic for35 years and my wife has rumetoid arthrits (i know i didnt spell that right)but we use this stuff it is called CELADRIN CREAM you can find it at herb stores or order from www.allstarhealth.com if you check your area you may find a store with samples to try first.let me know if you try it bobbyburns@att.net