• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gout Attack

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife just put a ice bag on my foot and I damn near went through the roof :doh:. This is the first time I remember that Gout has caused me to use crutches to get around .
When mine suddenly came on, I hobbled around jumping on one foot and used a CANE for two weeks until it subsided.
Trust me, I didn't like that at all.:mrgreen:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
When mine suddenly came on, I hobbled around jumping on one foot and used a CANE for two weeks until it subsided.
Trust me, I didn't like that at all.:mrgreen:

TWO WEEKS!!!!! There ain't no fickin way I'm puttin up with this for two weeks ! I plan on driving back to the Ranch in Idaho on Tuesday .

They say it is a build up of Uric Acid caused by food . I'll just quit eatin !

I can live off my fat for a month or two .
I already told the wife to forget fixing me any dinner tonight .

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
drink lots of water
take some anti-inflammatories. (ibuprofen, ketoprufin, naproxen, etc...)
avoid heavy concentrations of red meat, foods high in nitrates (like bacon), and alcohol.

good luck.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
TWO WEEKS!!!!! There ain't no fickin way I'm puttin up with this for two weeks ! I plan on driving back to the Ranch in Idaho on Tuesday .

They say it is a build up of Uric Acid caused by food . I'll just quit eatin !

I can live off my fat for a month or two .
I already told the wife to forget fixing me any dinner tonight .
Bahh!!
Read back on the post.
It's red meat, beer and greens that can cause a flare.
Have you had a side of beef and tons of spinach and asparagus lately, as well as enough beer to satisfy an Army?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bahh!!
Read back on the post.
It's red meat, beer and greens that can cause a flare.
Have you had a side of beef and tons of spinach and asparagus lately, as well as enough beer to satisfy and Army?

Chicken salad last night and a steak and salad about 3 nights ago..... Don't drink beer in the States . Mostly we eat chicken about 4 -5 times a week.

Cereral with 1 piece of toast in the mornings, no meat . Lots of coffee

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
sounds like you need more dead cow in your diet so that the next time you have a flare you have something you can give up so you feel better sooner...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken salad last night and a steak and salad about 3 nights ago..... Don't drink beer in the States . Mostly we eat chicken about 4 -5 times a week.

Cereral with 1 piece of toast in the mornings, no meat . Lots of coffee
That's supposed to help the sitcheeashun.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
OK... two things from me...

1) Who knew a thread about gout could be so damn funny...
2) SOB I don't want to get old....:bonk:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
.....The typical description of a patient with gout was a wealthy, corpulent aristocrat, particularly one with an enormous appetite for food, drink and women. (see link below for context of reference)

Hehehe! You know I'm laughin'. Could this be a description of many of you gentlemen? From what I've seen so far..............
But seriously, Gout is a very uncomfortable condition. I do believe it and many of our health issues are directly related to the western diet. We have epidemic numbers of adult onset diabetes and even more frightening is that adult onset (type II) diabetes is becoming even more common in children. I am convinced there are 4 food types in our diet that are detrimental to our health Hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils (about a molecular bond short of being plastic), processed, bleached flour, sugar and corn/corn byproducts. When you read the labels for most packaged foods one or all the above will be listed.
The root of many illnesses is inflammation and inflammation is generally the body's response to irritants. I'm all about knowing and treating the cause. I may be a nurse but I also believe we are way off base with mainstream medicine. Drugs treat symptoms but do not produce cure.
The Weston Price Foundation is a great resource for nutrition related information.
Here is just a link regarding gout:
http://www.westonaprice.org/askdoctor/gout.html

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
.....The typical description of a patient with gout was a wealthy, corpulent aristocrat, particularly one with an enormous appetite for food, drink and women.

Ok guys , She's got me figured out:huh: ! If she knows this much I am "outta here" because I sure as hell don't need my wife knowin about them there two hussy's down in Vegas when I went to the Disco Dancing Roller Derby Skating Finals in 77 :brows:.

Who invited her anyway :shock:??!

They told me not to worry that "what happens in Vegas stayed in Vegas ", I can't take the chance ...... :chicken: