• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

High Winds

Leni

We've got a high wind advisery in effect right now. That is going to last until tomorrow afternoon. Parts of SoCal are getting up to 80 MPH. The wind speed monitors in the canyons are registering over 100 MPH.

What the advisory means is that people in the hills around LA cannot park in the street just in case a fire starts. The fire engines need to be able to get up those very narrow streets. We've already had one fire in one of the canyons due to downed power lines along with several power outages due to the winds.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had that for the past 2 days but not 80-100. Ours were under 50 but still spread a field fire to about 60 acres till 8 companies got it out. Slowed to about 15 today. Good luck out there.

Leni

Putting boulders in my pockets when I go out. I was planning on doing some gardening today but not with these winds.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tried that yesterday and ended up with dirt in my eye and a splinter in my finger. I forgot we also lost power for 6 hours yesterday.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw that on the national news tonight Leni. Stay in and take cover.

Leni

I am hunkered down. I'm going outside only to get some chives and thyme for tonights dinner. I'm going to sautee some chicken fillets and serve with a white wine sauce with mushrooms and the herbs.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My folks used to winter in Lake Havasu each year. They talked about winds like these in So. Cal and Az.. Then once while we were visiting we had a couple of those days. WOW and we thought 50-60 mph was a big one, here in Ia..

Hope your herb harvest for dinner went well enough..

Regards, Kirk

Leni

It was one of the best from scratch in a long time. I winged it with the chicken. Tom wanted okra so I cooked it with Rotello and onions with garlic.

The wind finally died down this evening. It will pick up tomorrow morning. This is nor our usual Santa Ana. This is coming out the North/ north west. We have another fire up in Filmore. Winds are very high there. Don't think that they'll be able to contain it tonight. One home has already burned.