• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just had this done

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
and let me tell you it is painful! I got severe impaction in both and could only get the right side done complete. I go back in two weeks to try the left side again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMuOE28HjM"]youtube.com[/ame]

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
It is showing in the thread for me. Try cleaning your cookies.

Ta heck with the cookies. Try cleaning your ears!

Just kiddin, G. But I gotta tell ya. That vid was GROSS. Hope you're feeling better.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Ta heck with the cookies. Try cleaning your ears!

Just kiddin, G. But I gotta tell ya. That vid was GROSS. Hope you're feeling better.

What was that jpr62902.... I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LOL :yum: :thumb:

Why am I having this problem NOW?
While some folks have problems with ear wax throughout their lives, many people develop "problem wax" suddenly, without any obvious explanation. Similarly, a person may have wax problems with one ear and not the other. Ear surgery can occasionally result in the new onset of ear wax problems.
Usually, there is no answer to the question, "why is this happening now?"

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Why am I having this problem NOW?
While some folks have problems with ear wax throughout their lives, many people develop "problem wax" suddenly, without any obvious explanation. Similarly, a person may have wax problems with one ear and not the other. Ear surgery can occasionally result in the new onset of ear wax problems.
Usually, there is no answer to the question, "why is this happening now?"

What did your Doctor say? FF is not exactly the best place to look for medical advice.

I like to clean my ears with a Q-Tip almost every night. Heck it's the best aural sex I get. Badum dum. :whistling:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had on ear impact 2 years ago. Company nurse said I needed to go to the doctor, never did. Before I went home I bought one of those kits that uses a solution and flushing bulb. It took about 4 soakings and flushings but I was good to go the next morning. I couldn't believe what came out of my ear. Impacting is caused a lot by over cleaning pushing the wax in, that I believe was my problem. I'm much more careful now.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
The sound you hear is ten x's worse than what you hear when a dentist is pulling a tooth!! :cry:

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
I couldn't believe what came out of my ear.

Impacting is caused a lot by over cleaning pushing the wax in, that I believe was my problem. I'm much more careful now.

Yup. Just found that out. I'll be getting checked every 6 to 12 months from now on.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
What did your Doctor say? FF is not exactly the best place to look for medical advice.

I like to clean my ears with a Q-Tip almost every night. Heck it's the best aural sex I get. Badum dum. :whistling:

It just happens to some people. I don't use "Q" tips and you shouldn't either. OTC flush kits can help most people who get a little clogged but not severely impacted.

This is from the web:

To clean the ears, wash the external ear with a cloth, but do not insert anything into the ear canal.

Most cases of ear wax blockage respond to home treatments used to soften wax. Patients can try placing a few drops of mineral oil, baby oil, glycerin, or commercial drops in the ear. Detergent drops such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide may also aid in the removal of wax.

Irrigation or ear syringing is commonly used for cleaning and can be performed by a physician or at home using a commercially available irrigation kit. Common solutions used for syringing include water and saline, which should be warmed to body temperature to prevent dizziness. Ear syringing is most effective when water, saline, or wax dissolving drops are put in the ear canal 15 to 30 minutes before treatment. Caution is advised to avoid having your ears irrigated if you have diabetes, a perforated eardrum, tube in the eardrum, or a weakened immune system.

Manual removal of earwax is also effective. This is most often performed by an otolaryngologist using suction, special miniature instruments, and a microscope to magnify the ear canal. Manual removal is preferred if your ear canal is narrow, the eardrum has a perforation or tube, other methods have failed, or if you have diabetes or a weakened immune system.

Why shouldn't cotton swabs be used to clean earwax?

Wax blockage is one of the most common causes of hearing loss. This is often caused by attempts to clean the ear with cotton swabs. Most cleaning attempts merely push the wax deeper into the ear canal, causing a blockage.

The outer ear is the funnel-like part of the ear that can be seen on the side of the head, plus the ear canal (the hole which leads down to the eardrum). The ear canal is shaped somewhat like an hourglass—narrowing part way down. The skin of the outer part of the canal has special glands that produce earwax. This wax is supposed to trap dust and dirt particles to keep them from reaching the eardrum. Usually the wax accumulates a bit, dries out, and then comes tumbling out of the ear, carrying dirt and dust with it. Or it may slowly migrate to the outside where it can be wiped off.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a japanese beetle get in my left ear 2 years ago while leaving work. 2 trips to the doc and oil and water flushes and she finally pulled it out with a big tweezers. Like to drive me nuts when it would crawl around in there. I could not believe something that big could crawl in a small opening like that. I occasionally get a minor wax buildup but warm water and laying with the ear down lets it run out on it's own.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Went back again today and had the left side done. Dr. had to use the vacuum to clear it and man is that procedure soooo much better than the puller. He said that all looks good (as far as infection goes). WOW what a relief. I go back in two weeks for a double check and then probably every 9 months or so after that. Thanks for listening (pun intended). :smile:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
had the doctor clean impactions out of both ears a couple years ago - doc used a water pic.
then he figured out that I was right - I had an ear infection.
not pleasant, but I get it repeated every 4-5 years.
earplugs contribute to the impactions as well, but still being able to hear despite years of working in high noise environments is worth it to me.