• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Plugged ears ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Woke up yesterday morning to both my ears being plugged up ,big time . I felt fine and do not have a head cold. I taken some sinus Meds ,but I still do not think I am stuffed up now . No pain ,just a real problem to hear anyone . Its just like having earplugs installed .
Finally this morning I got one open but the other one is still plugged . Makes me dizzy as heck if I look down ???
I have always been real careful about cleaning my ears so I know they have nothing in them .

I also noticed my eyes seem like they have pressure behind them , but I just asumed it was from so much reading and forgetting too wear my glasses .

Other than that I feel 100% ???????? anyone have this happen ?? I may head to the Doc on Monday if I can't get this other ear to open up .

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
sounds like what i went through in December.
I'd been having occasional "foggy" vision on the right, but figured it was fatigue until I went in for my annual physical and found out both ears were infected.
Once I started on the Muconex, decongestant, & antibiotics, I was amazed to find out how much better I felt.
It had been such a gradual thing I never noticed.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Inner ear infection probably. Nothing to do with keeping your inner ears clean.

I wish I could find it on youtube, but what you need is Buddy Hackett's "Wax Job".

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Inner ear infection probably. Nothing to do with keeping your inner ears clean.

I wish I could find it on youtube, but what you need is Buddy Hackett's "Wax Job".

yep , you were right !!! I am back on Antibiotics

The wife had me flush my sinuses . OMG !!! That is almost worst than having the infection .

I slept most of the day and about to head back to bed again . Laying down is about the only thing that keeps me from falling down :doh:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You'll be well in a day or two. Good luck!

The Buddy Hackett skit - something on the lines of an old Oriental lady fixing plugged ears. Takes johnson out of the patient's pants and starts carresing. Of course, johnson does what johnson does. Just at the point of all hell breakig loose, the old oriental lady takes a piece of bamboo cane and whacks it, and his ear wax flys out.

Of course, when Buddy tells it and you see him on the stage, it is hilarious.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well this is the 4th day of falling down like a damn drunk .Every time I stand up ,I just about pass out . Spent just about all of yesterday in the sack and so far about 95% of today . I do not think the antibiotics are working . I'm headed to the doc in the morning . Never quite had a problem like this , with my ears , One seems to have popped ,but the other is still goof upped .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
How the heck do you flush your sinuses?

Its a bottle of saline solution that you bend over a sink and shoot it up one side of your nose and it drains out the other side . Not a favorite thing to do . I mean it runs out like tap water !! Make damn sure you keep your mouth open or you'll choke like I did the first time .

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Al,
I want to thank you for cursing me.
Finished up my antibiotics Saturday morning.
the headache kicked in yesterday, sinus pressure was bad enough I had goo oozing out my left eye socket.
fell sideway into the doorframe this morning when letting the dogs out.
Doc put me on Keflex this time, along with 2 Mucinex tablets twice a day, nasonex, and a hearty suggestion I invest in 12 hour sudafed...

cj7

Thanks!

Hope I never have to do that. But man somtimes thats what I feel like I want to do. The last few days have been bad for me too. I think it is allergy related. Better today. Took a Clariton D.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al,
I want to thank you for cursing me.
Finished up my antibiotics Saturday morning.
the headache kicked in yesterday, sinus pressure was bad enough I had goo oozing out my left eye socket.
fell sideway into the doorframe this morning when letting the dogs out.
Doc put me on Keflex this time, along with 2 Mucinex tablets twice a day, nasonex, and a hearty suggestion I invest in 12 hour sudafed...

sorry man:sad:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
no worries - hope your meds kick in quick so you can start feeling better.