• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Aches and pains

daedong

As we get older many of us develop Arthritis, What do you do to elevate the stiffness and pain?

I pop Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, namely Diclofenac Cataflam (Voltaren here). I also take fish oil daily. These drugs have a bad reputation among many lay folks here but talk to most medicos and they will tell you that if you take them as prescribed (with food) they are reletively safe.

Trakternut

My arthritis might not be as severe as yours, Vin. Naproxin, which is Aleve in the OTC variety, usually gets me feeling less grumpy in a half hour or so. Rarely have to dose myself more than twice a day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have back pain from time to time.
Good old Naproxen or aspirin works very well.
Man it's fun getting old and falling apart :tongue:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
ibuprofen, naproxen, or on a really bad day nabumetone (Relafen)
and never take different nsaids on the same day.
I've found the naproxen works better for joint pain and the relafen for muscle pain/spasm.
have never tried voltaren.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had bad neck and back pain for the last year. It's hard when you realize that you are no longer immortal and invincible. I've had all the scans and MRI's, listened to all the doctors and in the end said to hell with them all. I take Alleve every day and it helps some, enough to where I can function. If it ever gets to the point where I can't ride my tractors then we sell up and move to town but I'm not going to let them shoot me up, burn nerves or put me under the knife until it's absolutely necessary.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Lately my back is driving me nuts . Its the worst I can remember . Maybe its all the weather changes ,but nothing touches it now . Last night sleep was measured in minutes at one time . Wake up , groan , roll over , groan , go back to sleep , dream I am groaning , wife wakes me up and says "Whats Wrong"? you're groaning . Mumble to myself , throw cats off bed and go back to groaning . God I love the "Golden Years" .
Go to doc this morning and he say's " Oh boy , your a mess "
Had I wife stop and pick up a bottle of Rum ... . Its 4:17 and I am on my 2nd . Not bad for a guy that does not drink !!!