• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Water pump needed

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an 1100 gallon water tank up the hill from my house that is gravity fed from a spring. I use it to water my plants, lawn, etc. It's about 50' up the hill so I get about 25lbs of pressure at the end of the hose. But I want/need more. What kind of pump can I put on the hose that will pull the water out faster and create 65+ lbs of pressure?

Mule? Doc? Anyone???

TIA

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I... I use it to water my plants, lawn, etc. It's about 50' up the hill so I get about 25lbs of pressure at the end of the hose...??

TIA

25 psi should be plenty to just water plants, but, if you want more...

what I.D. size pipe/hose are you using for the down hill run?

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
25 psi should be plenty to just water plants, but, if you want more...

what I.D. size pipe/hose are you using for the down hill run?
I've got a lot of grass, plants, etc to water and I'm using a couple of impulse sprinklers hooked to a regular 3/4" water hose. 25 lbs isn't enough to make it hit the far-out edges so I'm looking for a little more pressure. I can hook it up to the house water and get what I need but I'm tired of the 240 pump kicking on every few minutes. I don't know for sure but I'm thinking the surge from the 240 has to be adding up...

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Doc, that one or the one Pixie suggested are fine. Thanks!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If I understand you're running garden hose from the tank down. Would also help to run 1" or 1 1/4" poly or PVC w/ the same size fitting on the tank and down the hill to where you hook up the garden hose. Then mount the pump at the lower end of the oversize pipe. It would help reduce frictional losses.
Mike

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Any jet pump will do fine for what you want. Check out TSC as they sometimes have the pump and tank with pressure switch cheaper than anywhere.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I have an 1100 gallon water tank up the hill from my house that is gravity fed from a spring. I use it to water my plants, lawn, etc. It's about 50' up the hill so I get about 25lbs of pressure at the end of the hose. But I want/need more. What kind of pump can I put on the hose that will pull the water out faster and create 65+ lbs of pressure?

Mule? Doc? Anyone???

TIA

This pump has decent reviews & isn't too expensive:

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-HP-Portable-Sprinkling-Pump-1150-GPH-69304.html