• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Moosey Day

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Today was quite a day for moose in and around our home. Today we have had 9 moose in and around our home at the edge of the yard and through the yard. I did get a few pics as they passed by and one cow even went to the yard sprinkler for a drink. We had 4 bulls 4 cows and 1 calf today visit us at different times. Every time I turned around we had different moose in the yard area. I did not get pics of all but that is a great moosey day at our home. We have a lot of moose traffic but to have this many in one day in different groups is unusual as we had 4 different groups stop by today.
Small Pic Cow Moose.JPG

3 Bulls Small Pic.JPG

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sort of beats the heck out of the 5 whitetail deer I saw when I was pulling out of the driveway! A buck, a doe and 3 spotted fawns. No way I could take a photo, I was trying to remember to drive on the right side of the road.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Those are some really good pictures! Great scenery....
We had "moo" cows in our yard the other night when I got home from work...Redneck was working on the grass :yum:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
This morning we had a single small Bull at the salt block near the yard. It is unusual to have moose each day but we often have them a couple times a week in the yard. Pigtails stepped out the kitchen door and he was only about 15 foot away and both were startled to say the least. We often don't see them until we are almost face to face. This bull was a little jumpy and did not stick around very long this am. Sometimes they will stay close by for several days and then move on.
P8080001 Small Pic.JPG

The deer population around our home has thinned out as more high country snow has melted and they have moved with the greening of the grass to other pastures but we still have a many that stay close to us in the summer. When the snows start up higher they will again be mowing my lawn as it will still be green and they will graze in the yard as they move down to lower country.

The elk have calves now and are looking great with all the grass available this summer. They are much harder to get pics of and avoid humans and are mostly nocturnal animals. They will bunch in the fall/early winter after hunting season near our home just prior to leaving the high country as the snow gets too deep to graze anymore. At this time we usually get some great pics as there are few people on the mountain to interfere with them and they show up during daylight hours more often.