• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track covers

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The suns UV rays are hard on track rubber. Aso a good idea to get the machine off the ground if not on a dedicated trailer or hard floor. Ski areas remove the tracks from their groomers and store the on end rolled up.

Attachments

• a0316.jpg
    a0316.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 136
  • a0327.jpg
    a0327.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 137

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I'd also suggest putting blocks under the blade and relieving the hydraulic pressure to preserve your seals.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Excellent ideas! I want to put mine in those portable garages they have. You know what they call Circus tents. Anyway I guess if you cant get a tent set up thats the other best way of doing it. The tents will also keep the UVs from damaging your paint as well. I also suggest putting 4 to 5 coats of a good quality wax job on her if she will just be sitting there all spring and summer. That will help protect the paint and help shed the elements as well. Then right before winter take her out and give her a godd was job and one more coat of wax. Some people think so much wax is bad but the layers are so so thin anyway. And if it is to much just wash with dish soap. That will completely remove all layers of wax. My 2 cents worth.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it's never a good idea to leave implements in the air unsupported. If you block it closer to the machine like I did it helps relieve some of the weight off the front suspension. I also use two timbers so the tracks aren't doing a balancing act.

Attachments

• a0329.jpg
    a0329.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 132
  • a0320.jpg
    a0320.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 135
  • b0329.jpg
    b0329.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 220

docmaple

I READ IN MY SKIDOZER MANUAL THAT THEY RECOMMEND RELEASEING THE TRACK TENSION DURING THE OFF SEASON AND JACKING IT UP. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA ?I HAVE MINE INSIDE ON A WOODEN FLOOR.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Agree with loosing the tracks but best is removing them. I think if you jack the machine up with the tracks on gravity will create two stretch points, at the front and rear. Probably the best would be jacking just enough to take pressure off but leave the track supported by the ground. Sunlight still seems to be the rubber killer. Think of car tires. Sun exposer causes dry rot and checking. I've had tracks where the outer belting has shrunk in the sunlight and causes constant correction in steering when operating the machine. Track belts are also similar to car tires in that you just have to plan on replacing them after awhile.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I thought I would be real smart and spray my belting down with a good UV protectant "Armorall" type stuff. Well It worked great i'm sure till I moved it in my dirt. It became a gooey crap thats sticks to you clothes and shoes. I had to wash it off. Best to just cover them.