• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

John Birch Society?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
They've been around for a lot of years and their favorite drum is to get the USA out of the UN and I'm starting to agree with them as I deem it just a black hole to throw money in with no apparent good results.
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I left them a lot of questions and am hoping they get back to me. On their website they do have many answers to things that have been written about them.

S-noWonder

I was in Utah in the 70's and worked for a couple that belonged to the John Birch society. Back then it was all about cash and trade to keep the government out of their business. They fought taxes like car registration and things like that. I don't know if it morphed into anything else during the decades, but they were pretty self sufficient and to say they are not terribly trusting of the government is an understatement.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Never a member, but I could be. I am right there with them as anti tax and not trusting in the least of the Gov't.

In this day and age I would say most if not all liberals would view The John Birch Society as a terrorist organization and left wing activist judges would not look kindly on any member approaching the bench.

This is the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, in this country today. I guess I am considered an enemy of the state by the libs anyway due to my NRA membership.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I think the JBS is very legitimate. I talked with one of their guys back in the early 1980s. He talked about getting the US out of the UN. I agree/d with the JBS then and now about it. I've thought about joining and should.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Who does trust the government? With ANY one as President? And yep reason I looked it up was because of getting out of the UN.
I am worried that they might be in favor of some kind of McCarthyism.
I asked my questions pretty late Wed. night.
I got this back right away:
Thank you for submitting your inquiry and you will hear from a representative shortly.
Waiting for the rest of a reply.