• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bacon and Pancakes

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Recipe is in the pic. Hope you can read it. This old eye can't :whistling:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 132

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bacon Strip Pancakes
Original Recipe on the back of a box of Rath Black Hawk Bacon - 1961

Ingredients
-Maple Bacon (or flavor of your choice)
-Pancake mix with whatever it calls for...egg, oil, water, etc. OR your own pancake batter.
-Syrup

Directions
- On hot griddle fry bacon to perfection....Your perfection of course. Everyone has a different idea of perfect when it comes to bacon.
- If you are making this recipe for small children you make want to use kitchen shears to cut your bacon into smaller pieces to fry, resulting in shorter Bacon Pancake Strips, or circular, silver dollar sized Bacon Pancake Strips.
- While bacon is frying, prepare your pancake batter.
- When bacon is done, keep griddle at a 325-350 temp and pour or ladle the pancake batter over each slice of bacon.
- Let the pancakes cook until most of the bubbles rise and pop. (About 2-3 minutes)
- Flip the pancakes revealing the bacon on top and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the Bacon Strip Pancakes to a plate and serve hot with 100% Pure Maple Syrup for dipping.
http://www.cookinandkickin.com/2012/02/bacon-strip-pancakes.html

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bacon Strip Pancakes
Original Recipe on the back of a box of Rath Black Hawk Bacon - 1961

Ingredients
-Maple Bacon (or flavor of your choice)
-Pancake mix with whatever it calls for...egg, oil, water, etc. OR your own pancake batter.
-Syrup

Directions
- On hot griddle fry bacon to perfection....Your perfection of course. Everyone has a different idea of perfect when it comes to bacon.
- If you are making this recipe for small children you make want to use kitchen shears to cut your bacon into smaller pieces to fry, resulting in shorter Bacon Pancake Strips, or circular, silver dollar sized Bacon Pancake Strips.
- While bacon is frying, prepare your pancake batter.
- When bacon is done, keep griddle at a 325-350 temp and pour or ladle the pancake batter over each slice of bacon.
- Let the pancakes cook until most of the bubbles rise and pop. (About 2-3 minutes)
- Flip the pancakes revealing the bacon on top and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the Bacon Strip Pancakes to a plate and serve hot with 100% Pure Maple Syrup for dipping.
http://www.cookinandkickin.com/2012/02/bacon-strip-pancakes.html

Thanks. That's EXACTLY how I planned to prepare them! :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd try them but generally, maybe because I'm British, I can't handle bacon, eggs and pancakes together. First the bacon, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and anything else for breakfast and then the pancakes for dessert. I much prefer not to have them together. OK, I'm weird!!!!