• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Valley groomer drag for sale

kent

I have a Valley 8x8 drag off a sv200 cat. Groomer has 3 hydraulic cylinders and is in working condition. Located in Colorado. Make a reasonable offer and come git it.

Attachments

• 2015_01_27_16.12.23__Small_.jpg
    2015_01_27_16.12.23__Small_.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 2015_01_28_11.48.43__Small_.jpg
    2015_01_28_11.48.43__Small_.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 304

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
did the drag ram steer, as in five rams?

Cutting ram.
pan ram
lift ram
I see another ram by the cab, I assume there are two by the cab.
I would think this system ram steered the cat.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I spent many hours with a SV 252 and one of these.

Yes you can steer the cat with the drag, but only small corrections.

You will never get stuck in deep snow, and you fold it up onto the back and back out of the trouble spot..

Simple and effective. The best kind..

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
awesome,
thanks.

If the drag was heavier would the ram steer be more effective?

Or

was it a structural issue with force/leverage forces not appropriate for the task.....

The full story here:
One of these fold up drags came to me with a Tucker purchased from the *WILD* as the princes puts it.... the seller said it was from the tucker.
I believe after inspecting the tucker it could be installed on the rear platform, but I doubt it ever was.... I believe it came to him and memory erosion occurred and the drag was from a SV or an imp.

I am eye balling a 1402 imp to tug this drag around on a small cross country ski contract I have.
I feel the way the drag design is near genius and it should follow me nicely,

In the humor dept. (for mr turbinator, new groomer apprentice ;-)) I stared at this pile of iron many times before I figured out what it was... It took a skid steer and a disinterested buddy to help unfold it and hold it up trying to reassemble it.

Couple of brackets and one ram were missing is why It was so confusing.

Most likely a new thread when I get wrenching on this....

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
A lot of the groomers we had a Waterville valley,had the Valley 5th wheel attachment on them, both Thiokol's, lmc's and bombardier. they had compacter bars with fold down wings and also had 3 powder makers that would fold up piggy back also. Don