• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier SW48 Restoration 2016, part 2

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Making progress! The prior thread had pictures throwing off the screen size.

Got both Flexitors on today as well as the pivot arm on one side. The prior owner had the flexitor spindles on with no offset angle. Read the shop manual....recommended is 17 degrees from machine frame. The picture is on the right side, "leading"....so manual says to mount the "left" flexitor for the right side. Not sure why they do that as it's the recommended spindle position. Still working on how to get that monster spring connected (under tension) to the rear pivot arm...that's going to be a trick! Having fun.

2_image1.JPG

3_image2.JPG

3_image1.JPG

3_image3.JPG

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
I just realized....I mounted the spindle arms backwards! Am I correct? I think they need to be swapped upside down.