• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

North Korea Problem Child

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have watched some of the news I'm sure you have seen that we have multiple messages going to North Korea. It does not seem the President and Secretary of State are on the same page. And is that a bad thing?

To me, Trump's tweets do not seem like the smartest thing to do ..but it got him elected and has worked for him.

Other nations including N. Korea lie to our face. Say one thing while doing another (as do we I'm sure) ..but we normally try to put out what seems to us as a sensible adult front.

Could the tactics of Trump be genius in disguise? I'm concerned but maybe, just maybe one crazy dictator dealing with a seemingly crazy President might keep all on their tows and prevent N. Korea from starting something they cannot finish.

This is so far out of my league ....but I would not want to play it this way, but I will consider that just maybe, if we are real lucky, it might play out for the better.

What do you think?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Trump is pushing the minime of NK.
He wants the fat lean adolescent to do something stoopid, but not too stoopid. But stoopid enough that makes the Chinese take notice.

The fat boy still values life. He knows whatever he does results in extreme prejudice by the USA. He's really looking for money just like pappy got away with many times.

If anything happens to us or the market, China Looses
If USA decides to invade NK, it will be quick, and then China has a new neighbor, a neighbor they do not want - the USA.
They like the trade imbalance, and they like having NK as a buffer between it and the rest of the world.

Russia, besides all the bullshit spewed by the media, who is on our side in this matter, would also be significantly effected if something were to occur. They may also bring extreme pressure on China to do something.

I love chess.

edit - also, as I understand it, the MSM claims SoKo forced us to remove THAAD (highh altitude defense). How about this - we pulled hi altitude out after we recently installed low altitude defense (which is what NOKO would use on SOKO), but THAAD could be seen as an offensive platform against China.
So we pull THAAD out as a gesture to China to take of the little puke sonner than later.

Last edited:

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
...If USA decides to invade NK, it will be quick,.....
I love chess.

You certainly don't mean a "boots on the ground" type invasion, do you?

The last time we (actually, the UN) "invaded" Korea was in the 50's.......... how did that work out?

BTW, technically, We are still at war with Korea, there never was any peace treaty signed.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, fat boy has now threatened Guam, so that takes it up a notch. For the first time he singled out a specific area of the USA for destruction regardless of whether he can do it or not.

Trump is pushing the boy's buttons and it is working. In the end he will force China's hand in all this and they would prefer to do nothing, but they will have no choice.

The old way of dealing the NOKO has not worked, but the stupid liberals want to keep trying. Dumb bastards. Time for a new approach and Trump is doing it.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You certainly don't mean a "boots on the ground" type invasion, do you?

The last time we (actually, the UN) "invaded" Korea was in the 50's.....

No massive missile and guided bombs.
But none of it will happen. China will muzzle this Chihuahua.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
We could flatten N Korea but realistically as long as they have China's protection realistically militarily we can't do much. We can't piss them off.

Ironman

I just have a bad feeling. I think bombs will be dropped sooner or later.... will fatboy just give in? Lol. something has to be done tho, imho. That country under the current regime needs to go. Pretty fuked up in that hood.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm willing to bet the real concern here among those in the know is that the real threat from NOKO is not a ground or air burst against Guam but a EMP attack that shuts down all power for whatever length of time.

Still an act of war, and Trump's response would be devastating to say the least.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just have a bad feeling. I think bombs will be dropped sooner or later.... will fatboy just give in? Lol. something has to be done tho, imho. That country under the current regime needs to go. Pretty fuked up in that hood.
Agreed. Clinton, Bush and Obama all kicked the can down the road and put us in this position. Trump will get both the blame and hopefully some glory if he gets this taken care of without catastrophic loss of life.

I do believe the real goal of all politicians is to kick the can on down the road so that chit does not happen on their watch, or impact their legacy. Ball-less asshats that they are. They only care about themselves and their legacy.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Agreed. Clinton, Bush and Obama all kicked the can down the road and put us in this position. Trump will get both the blame and hopefully some glory if he gets this taken care of without catastrophic loss of life.

I do believe the real goal of all politicians is to kick the can on down the road so that chit does not happen on their watch, or impact their legacy. Ball-less asshats that they are. They only care about themselves and their legacy.

There are many lists of givens in life and that is certainly one that is at the top of every list.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Trump's problem is exactly what you stated. Unlike all his predecessor since Ike, he cannot kick the can again. We have come to the end of it.

I hope he ignores the advice and cat calls from the left, and the right, and listens to his generals. You do not win peace by appeasement to a despot who places no value for any life but his own.

After 70 years of dogma, the North Korean people have no desire for democracy or freedom. It is unfortunate that we face a population of 30 million who have no understanding of the USA but to fear and hate us.

There is no easy, humane solution. And resolution of the crisis will not happen in time for a commercial break.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I've never understood why we get militarily involved in countries that have never had a democracy and therefore the population in general cannot understand how a democracy works and no amount of teaching or examples will show them the way.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never understood why we get militarily involved in countries that have never had a democracy and therefore the population in general cannot understand how a democracy works and no amount of teaching or examples will show them the way.
Mike

I agree to a point./ But with N Korea, we are not "getting involved." We are getting prepared for war.

Because they are.
The government, and the people, of the PRONK are still upset (even after 70 years) that we prevented them for making all of Korea a unified communist nation. The resentment runs deep.

It was not our intention to do so, but that is where we left it in 1953.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/armistice-ends-the-korean-war

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Mike

Well, I agree to a point,.......... Korea was divided by the UN.

The people in (what was to become) NK and SK were all the same, they LOVED the US. the Chinese and the NK gov't are a different issue.

Those Koreans (now S Koreans) are some of the friendliest people in the world, they are often referred to as "the Irish of the Orient.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I agree to a point,.......... Korea was divided by the UN.

The people in (what was to become) NK and SK were all the same, they LOVED the US. the Chinese and the NK gov't are a different issue.

Those Koreans (now S Koreans) are some of the friendliest people in the world, they are often referred to as "the Irish of the Orient.

Which is why we should never fight the war and let anyone else, especially the UN, make the peace decision.

We never learn. Stopping at the 38th gave us NK. Splitting Europe after WW II gave us decades of the cold war. It took less than 15 years for Germany to rise from the ashes of WW I and force us into WW II. Iraq is the result of stopping in the middle of a conflict.

Teddy was the last President to get it right. Unfortunately people remember the walk softly, forget the big stick.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Assassination is the Highest form of public service
Kill him and make it look like an accident.
Yes I realize that there are all kinds of treaties etc. against that.
But if we ever did that it would certainly be nothing our nation would admit.
(I'm sure it must have been done in the past.)
So if it was done in secret (with no leaks of course), who would know?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No massive missile and guided bombs.
But none of it will happen. China will muzzle this Chihuahua.
Essentially, they did that today when China told the USA they would not object if we retaliated to an attack by little Kimmy of the PRONK
. In other words, they informed the little b@stard that they do not have his back.

He will have no choice but to back down kicking and screaming. A few tweets from THE Donald and it's over,,,,; for now.

So, no Cruise missile taking out his artillery aimed at Soul South Korea. No American boots on the ground, no MOAB's dropped on their launch sites and nuclear production plants.

China looks worldly and responsible. We don't have to kill North Koreans or risk South Korean lives. The little SOB can cancel his shot at Guam which saves his hide and some dignity. Little Kimmy can sleep safe in his castle knowing the USA, and likely his people, won't kill him in his sleep .
Everybody wins.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Essentially, they did that today when China told the USA they would not object if we retaliated to an attack by little Kimmy of the PRONK
. In other words, they informed the little b@stard that they do not have his back.

He will have no choice but to back down kicking and screaming. A few tweets from THE Donald and it's over,,,,; for now.

So, no Cruise missile taking out his artillery aimed at Soul South Korea. No American boots on the ground, no MOAB's dropped on their launch sites and nuclear production plants.

China looks worldly and responsible. We don't have to kill North Koreans or risk South Korean lives. The little SOB can cancel his shot at Guam which saves his hide and some dignity. Little Kimmy can sleep safe in his castle knowing the USA, and likely his people, won't kill him in his sleep .
Everybody wins.
I wish I could be as sanguine about that as you are. Backing down at this point would involve a great "loss of face" and that is still a very big deal in the Orient. If China doesn't make it clear that they will kick his fat little butt themselves if he launches any type of attack, he may very well do just that. We're dealing with a megalomaniac here who was raised to believe he was destined to be The Big Man in SE Asia; if he admits he is not, he has nothing left.

Little men with super egos are dangerous. They are even more dangerous when their egos are based on pure fantasy, as sooner or later they are going to be put in a "put up or shut up" position, and they can't readily back down or the fantasy ends.

He needs to be taken out ... soon!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If Kim is taken out politically it's just another way to kick the can again because he will return sooner or later. However if he's taken out via 50 cal it will give the next NK leader a lot of food for thought before making any rash decisions.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I could be as sanguine about that as you are. Backing down at this point would involve a great "loss of face" and that is still a very big deal in the Orient. If China doesn't make it clear that they will kick his fat little butt themselves if he launches any type of attack, he may very well do just that. We're dealing with a megalomaniac here who was raised to believe he was destined to be The Big Man in SE Asia; if he admits he is not, he has nothing left.

Little men with super egos are dangerous. They are even more dangerous when their egos are based on pure fantasy, as sooner or later they are going to be put in a "put up or shut up" position, and they can't readily back down or the fantasy ends.

He needs to be taken out ... soon!

You forget the 30,000,000 people in North Korea that believe in Little Kimmy. The bomb must be diffused yes, but killing him will just ignite it.

Under no circumstance should we assume that a forced regime change on our part, will create a peaceful North Korea. After 70 years of programing, they are not looking for Democracy, or peace with the west.

They like Kim as their leader, they've had no one else but the Kim family and would die for them. Were that not the case, Li'l Kimmy would be dead by now.

Make no illusions, if we go to war with PRoNK and win the battle, we will never win the people. For the same reason we did not invade Japan in 1946, we can not invade PRoNK.

We can't nuke them either. So the best we can do, for all involved, South Korea, China and Japan in particular, is get Kimmy to back down.

Under the scenario I presented, we don't have to back off on inch.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Everybody wins except the people of NOKO who continue to believe that grass is a vegetable.

Killing their beloved leader won't change that. It will just anger them.

We need to stop presuming the North Korean people feel enslaved. They do not. Further, they have an insane sense of pride in the successes of their country. Because they know nothing else.

The fantasy of which you speak is measured by our standards. To them it is a reality. They will fight to keep it because it is what they believe is right and proper. And that the only reason they do not prosper even more is because of the USA who they are told, just sanctioned them, and therefore, starved them even more.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You forget the 30,000,000 people in North Korea that believe in Little Kimmy. The bomb must be diffused yes, but killing him will just ignite it.

Under no circumstance should we assume that a forced regime change on our part, will create a peaceful North Korea. After 70 years of programing, they are not looking for Democracy, or peace with the west.

They like Kim as their leader, they've had no one else but the Kim family and would die for them. Were that not the case, Li'l Kimmy would be dead by now.

Make no illusions, if we go to war with PRoNK and win the battle, we will never win the people. For the same reason we did not invade Japan in 1946, we can not invade PRoNK.

We can't nuke them either. So the best we can do, for all involved, South Korea, China and Japan in particular, is get Kimmy to back down.

Under the scenario I presented, we don't have to back off on inch.

Regime changes have worked so well in the past. There's Cuba, there's Iran.

Ironman

Looks like that little knucklehead lit off another one today... when is enough enough? Nothing is working?:neutral:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The little fat bastard maybe thinks he can get the US to the negotiation table. Tillerson, maybe, But I don't think Trump and Mad Dog will go for it.
Mike