• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Polaris "PLAYCAT" on Ebay

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never seen one of these, never even heard of it.

Anyone ever see one of these before? Anyone know what it is really capable of doing? Can it handle deep snow or is it made for midwest ice conditions? Any thoughts? It doesn't look too much like a serious snow machine, but it could be an economical fun machine!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]YOU ARE LOOKING AT A 1974 POLAIRS PLAYCAT, THIS MACHINE WAS ONLY BUILT IN THE EARLY TO MID 70S IT HAS 16 INCH TRACKS UNDER IT AND ARE IN EXCELLANT SHAPE, THIS UNIT HAS FORWARD AND REVERSE GEARS IN IT AND WORKS VERY WELL. IT IS POWERED BY A ORG. BOMADEAR ENGINE.

THIS SNOW MACHINE IS UNSTOPABLE IN SNOW. IT IS ALSO ANFIBEUS, I WAS TOLD IT MOVES THRU THE WATER QUITE WELL. IT DOES NEED SOME WORK ON THE MOTOR, IT NEEDS A BATTERY, IT TAKES A LOW PROFILE CAR 12 VOLT CAR BATTERY. THIS MACHINE HAS A FRONT SEAT AND A BACK SEAT. THE TOP WAS ADDED, IT ORG DID NOT COME WITH IT. IT ALSO HAS HEADLITES AND TAIL LIGHTS. IT HAS A SNOW PLOW THAT GOES ON THE FRONT. THE FRONT BUMPPER IS SOLID STAINLESS STEEL.

THIS MACHINE WOULD RUN IF A NEW BATTERY WAS PUT IN. THE THROTLE CABLE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. THIS IS A VERY RARE MACHINE. I USED IT TO PULL ICE SHANTYS OUT ON LAKE HURON, IN MICHIGAN. WITH A LITTLE WORK THIS MACHINE COULD BE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 989-984-0576 THANKS DOUG
[/FONT]​

Attachments

• 08_3.JPG
    08_3.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 950
  • 52_3.JPG
    52_3.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 935
  • d7_3.JPG
    d7_3.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 928

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
As the name implies "play" cat. It is not a real snow cat, much like many other mini snow cat imitations like Argo. The cushman was about as good as it got with these types of machines.