• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wind Blew and Shit Flew

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Been out twice to bring Trash Cans back into the yard.. SW-Ohio has some high wind.. It's headed East..was close to 50 degresse today..Monday night low is suppose to be 18...I think?..Dang!..:hammer:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds like us right now. The wind has died down a bit, but it got pretty nasty most of the day. Not supposed to get above freezing for a little while, either.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We just had gusts of 43 mph. Glad the temp us just now down to 32. Calling for 13 for a daytime high Tuesday.:hammer:

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just dragged those damb. cans back for the 3rd. time..:whistling::whistling::hammer:.. Something like 50 mile a hour gusts.....:hammer:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I just dragged those damb. cans back for the 3rd. time..:whistling::whistling::hammer:.. Something like 50 mile a hour gusts.....:hammer:
Must be what blew through here all day yesterday, we had 45 to 50MPH constant and the highest was 72 mph gusts. Temps have been decent though so I aint gonna bitch, we just have more firewood on the ground now. :doh:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

you dont have a garage to put em in? rocks/cinder block to drup in them to hold em down? we dont have a garage to put ours in, but if I drag them up nt he porch they usually stay put in the wind. usually.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The one that kept moving was neselted with my lawn mower gas and some tool bucket..on the front pourch...i just put them back in place too..

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
ah geez. well mine are out for pickup tomorrow. hopefully they are still there when i get home from work.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, that wild wind started early this morning here, Byron.
It's still blowing like mad out there.
The temp dropped very quickly too.
Someone said we were getting gusts around 58mph today at one point.
I think the counties north of here are under a winter storm warning.
Forecast here now..

• Tonight: Windy. Occasional snow showers tapering to flurries overnight. Low 26F. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
  • Tomorrow: Windy with snow showers. High 27F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snowfall around one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
  • Tomorrow night: Windy with snow showers early becoming more scattered later. Low 18F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. About one inch of snow expected.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just had some gusts one of which hit 51 mph. Wind chill is down to 4 with sustained winds of 28 mph. Going to be a wild night. I just pulled the one pool lounge out of the pool yesterday before it is froze in permanent. The only good thing is this cold arctic blast should freeze up the mud. Got some squalls blowing flurries now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Temp is down to 25 and wind chills below zero when it gusts. Will be burning some wood the next few day.:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Temp 30F
Wind chill 16.
27mph
wx_108.png
Flurry/Wind

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Quite a reasonable day here at present, for a change it is not raining, but tomorrow the weather people are predicting strong winds and heavy rain. More of the same really, but no snow. The weather is like the governments - awful.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have the wind again today. It was blowing hard yesterday. Today its snowing sideways. Two days ago the temps were in the 40's and it was sunny. Now the temps are in the low 20's and the wind is howling. The snow we are getting won't amount to anything, but its making the roads slick.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting lake snow now and could end up with 3-6 inches till tomorrow. Folks in Syracuse,Rochester and Buffalo will have 2-3 ft. over the next day or 2.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had the extreme winds here yesterday. No way would I take out the trash like I was supposed to. I waited until this morning.
I just hope I didn't miss the trash truck ...then I'd have to haul all the trash back to the garage.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Still fairly windy here, with enough snow on the ground to turn things white.

An inch we got over night and maybe the same by this evening.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We also had high winds yesterday with snow today. The winds are down but not gone yet. This is really the first snow we have had this winter here in Lexington. Last year we had our first snow on Oct. 31st.