• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

START PRODUCTION OF SNOWTRAC

YAGMUR

DEAR FRIENDS,I AM A MEMBER OF THE FORUM FOR A WHILE AND INTERESTED TO HAVE ONE SNOWTRAC.WHILE DISCUSSING WITH ONE OF MY FRIEND IN AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY,WE COME TO THE POINT TO START PRODUCTION OF SNOWTRAC . WE ARE PLANNING TO REBUILD ONE AND TO SEE IF WE CAN START AN ASSEMBLY LINE .ALSO WE CAN EXPORT BOTH BRAND NEW SNOWTRACS AND PARTS AS WELL . TO THIS POINT WE NEED ALL THE DOCUMENTATION AND THE PICTURES. THANKS IN ADVANCE

SNOW WOLF TRACS

WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR FIRST ONE I'LL BUY IT. WHAT THE HECK, COLUMBUS TOOK A CHANCE. JUST GIVE ME A PRICE QUOTE AND INVOICE ME. BUY THE BUY, WHERE WILL YOUR PRODUCTION FACILITY BE LOCATED?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
YAGMUR said:
WE ARE PLANNING TO REBUILD ONE AND TO SEE IF WE CAN START AN ASSEMBLY LINE
In looking over my Snow Trac ST4, I can honestly say that these things can be produced on a simple assembly line. Most of the body panels are simple bends of sheet metal. Everything is very simple. Mechanically these things are also very simple, made mostly with commonly available parts. There are a couple "proprietary" designs that you will have to have built from scratch. The VARIATOR steering assembly is going to have to be custom built. There are some gears and drive sprockets that will have to be forged or cut.

Good luck with your project, if we can provide you with specific documents, please let us know.

It would be great if you could document your progress with photos! :weneedpic

Teeoster

Hi,

You have a great idea, maybee we could talk about your plans one day. My company in Detroit specialized in low volume production of sheetmetal components and assemblies. If you have a minute to look at out web site;

http://www.qualitymetalcraft.com

John

YAGMUR

THANK YOU JOHN,
CAN YOU HELP ME TO FIND OUT AIR COOLED ENGINES?
ENGINE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROJECT
IT HAS TO BE A COMMON ENGINE WHICH PARTS CAN BE FOUND WORLWIDE
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA IF VW ENGINES ARE AVAILABLE IN USA
IT HAS TO BE READY ENGINE NOT TO BE COSTLY

YAGMUR

DEAR BOB
I THINK YOU HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION FOR SNOW TRACKS
IF YOU CAN MAIL OR POST THEM TO ME IT MEANS WE HAVE PASSED %50 OF THE PROJECT

YAGMUR

DEAR ALL FRIENDS
WE WANT TO BUY A SNOW TRAC FOR RESTORATION
OR IF ANY BODY HAS ONE WE CAN RESTORE IT FREE FOR HIM AND SEND BACK

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
YAGMUR said:
DEAR BOB
I THINK YOU HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION FOR SNOW TRACKS
IF YOU CAN MAIL OR POST THEM TO ME IT MEANS WE HAVE PASSED %50 OF THE PROJECT
Send me a Private Message or Email with your address and I will send you a CD-Rom that contains manuals and some additional files. I'm heading out of town for a week on business, so I won't be able to get it in the mail to you until I return home from my trip.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
YAGMUR said:
DEAR FRIENDS,I AM A MEMBER OF THE FORUM FOR A WHILE AND INTERESTED TO HAVE ONE SNOWTRAC.WHILE DISCUSSING WITH ONE OF MY FRIEND IN AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY,WE COME TO THE POINT TO START PRODUCTION OF SNOWTRAC . WE ARE PLANNING TO REBUILD ONE AND TO SEE IF WE CAN START AN ASSEMBLY LINE .ALSO WE CAN EXPORT BOTH BRAND NEW SNOWTRACS AND PARTS AS WELL . TO THIS POINT WE NEED ALL THE DOCUMENTATION AND THE PICTURES. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Seence de price of de Snowtrack youse is gonna manufacture ees $20,000 u.s funds, I am will forward a check for $30,000.
Pleeese keep $5,000 for yur troobles and forward the other $5,000 to my friend in Africa. When he notifies me he has receiv-ed the funds I will notify my bank to allow the check to clear for you.
Pleese let me know where to sind the check and I'll include the address to forward the additional funds to mi freend in South America...er, I mean Africa...ya..that's it.:hide: (sic)

YAGMUR

WHICH TYPE OF DESIGN DO YOU PREFER?
TRADITIONAL SNOW TRAC OR MODERN LIKE ATTACHED?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would prefer a modern design, with a steering wheel. For a "personal use" type of snowcat, I think it should be somewhat like a car.

The reality of the "grooming" type snow cats is they are very expensive, very complicated machines that are also very task specific. The types of snowcats most of us here use are generally the general purpose units, and most of us use them for transportation, cabin access, or recreation. The needs are different.

If you are making a "personal use" type of snowcat that will appeal to individuals, then I suggest you make it user friendly and have it operate similar to a car. The less that can go wrong, the simpler the mechanical, the easier to repair, the better it will be accepted. The beauty of the Snow Trac is that they used commonly available parts from VW. It is easy to keep a 30 to 40 year old unit running in top shape because most of the parts are easy to get. Any new personal snowcat that I would design would use commonly available parts for as many of the mechanical aspects as possible.

At least that is :myopinion:

YAGMUR

WE FOCUS ON THE ENGINE,PARTS,ETC THAT THEY HAVE TO BE AVAILABLE WORLD WIDE

FOR EXAMPLE AS FOR THE ENGINE WE ARE PLANNING FORD ENGINES
THEY ARE LIKE MARLBORO,PARTS COULD BE FOUND EVEN IN GROCERY STORES ALL ROUND THE WORLDhttp://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/freestyle/features/specs/

TRANSMISSION CAN BE CVThttp://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt.htm

WE PLAN TO PRODUCE GENERAL PURPOSE ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE FOR PERSONAL USE MAINLY

OUR TARGET FOR THE PRICE WILL BE AS DISCUSSED BEFORE IN THE FORUM
SO WE CAN SATISFACT TO EVERY POTENTIAL CUSTOMER

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think there will be a market for a simple vehicle like you describe. It should go on snow, ice, sand, grass, peat bogs, shallow marshland, etc. It does not have to the the BEST vehicle for any one of those conditions, but it must be "good enough" for all of them.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like both!

One of the things I like about my Snow Trac ST4 is that I can seat 7 people when I need to, but also can easily haul a lot of cargo with fewer people. The Snow Trac uses "Land Rover" style rear access door, with simple bench seats so it can be used for people OR cargo.

YAGMUR

THATS WHAT WE ARE THINKING
TO PRODUCE 2 TYPES
1-7 SEATER 5 DOOR
2-5 SEATER 4 DOOR WITH CARGO SPACE

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
I think there will be a market for a simple vehicle like you describe. It should go on snow, ice, sand, grass, peat bogs, shallow marshland, etc. It does not have to the the BEST vehicle for any one of those conditions, but it must be "good enough" for all of them.

Bob, I disagree that one single vehicle can do all of the above and do it all well. Different configurations of the same type vehicle altered to do each of these activities well is what I think would be best. I need a real snow cat and not an Argo. If YAGMUR produces a multi purpose unit that can not be adapted to different conditions then we have another Argo type ATV.
Just my :my2cents: .

The market is full of the Argo type ATVs......Give me a great real snow cat that can be altered to do the other things well like you requested above. This is what Thiokol promoted in the 70's before De Loren drained the company. The difference between well and great is a big step......
:myopinion:

Bill

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill, I guess that I was not clear, because I do generally agree with your take but feel there is some room for compromise. I think something like a Spryte or a Snow Trac with a 5+ passenger cabin, or a small cabin with a cargo area could work. I also think that much of the difference between a snowcat and a go anywhere vehicle is in the tracks. We both know, and understand, that a DEEP POWDER set of tracks are totally different that a set of MUSKEG tracks.

I suppose that if I were to type up all my thoughts it would fill more than a few pages, and I suggest that yours would do the same.

But realistically, I think a PLATFORM VEHICLE could satisfy the needs of about 80~85% of the users if it had various track options. The track that is best suited for your deep snow is going to be wider and higher floatation than the track that I would find suitable for my ice-snow conditions. I suggest that Joan (Pixie) would probably prefer an all season track that will allow her to manager her timber. But all those track issues aside, the base vehicle could be an adaptable platform that would allow for the various track configurations/types and it would easily satisfy most needs.

Again, I am saying MOST needs, not all. For a commercial venture to succeed, it strikes me that it either needs to find a specialized niche and make a specialized product, or it needs to fullfill the needs of many with as little compromise as possible, and to do that it would require some level of flexibility in options. In this case, the main options would be the tracks, just like on a Bombi, where there were narrow or wide track options, or the differences between a Snow Master and a Snow Trac where the primary difference was tracks were wider & longer on the Snow Master.

YAGMUR

WHEN I SAID ATV I DIDN'T WANT TO MEAN ATVS' LIKE ARGO
THESE SNOW TRACS ARE CLASSIFIED "ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE"
THERE IS NO CLASSIFICATION "SNOWTRAC" OR "SNOW CAT" LIKE SUV,HATCHBACK
IT WILL BE REAL SNOW TRACK , NOT TRACKS ON LGP TIRES
IT WILL ALSO HAVE HYDROLICS FOR SNOW PLOUGHS (OPTIONAL)
9.gif

YAGMUR

mtntopper said:
Bob, I disagree that one single vehicle can do all of the above and do it all well. Different configurations of the same type vehicle altered to do each of these activities well is what I think would be best. I need a real snow cat and not an Argo. If YAGMUR produces a multi purpose unit that can not be adapted to different conditions then we have another Argo type ATV.
Just my :my2cents: .

The market is full of the Argo type ATVs......Give me a great real snow cat that can be altered to do the other things well like you requested above. This is what Thiokol promoted in the 70's before De Loren drained the company. The difference between well and great is a big step......
:myopinion:

Bill
WELL AND GREAT
WE ARE TRYING TO PRODUCE A GOOD SNOW TRAC AS BOB MENTIONED
AND ALSO WITH REASONABLE PRICES
YOU CAN NOT HAVE MERCEDES WITH THE PRICE OF SKODA
GREAT MACHINES ,GREAT PRICES LIKE PRINOTH

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yagmur, at the end of September I sent you a CD-Rom disk containing Snow Trac manuals to your address in Turkey.

Today in the mail, I got the disk delivered back to my office. Apparently the US Mail delivered it to Turkey, and the Turkish mail returned it to the USA and marked it "Adres yetersizdir" and "Adresse insuffisante"

I'd be happy to mail it back to you, but apparently I need your address again.